Format: DVD|Change

on 12 December 2003
Now this dvd was direct to video, and i know what you're thinking, any film which is direct to video was too bad to release to theatres, but let me explain.
This film was only direct to video in this country because disney didn't have enough faith in it because they thought it was too american. it was released to cinemas in the states and did reasonably well.
The story is based upon the attraction at disneyland and has captured it warmth perfectly, the story is nice and homely and there are some parts which are icredibly slapstick but not in cringe making sort of way, this movie is very reminiscent of childhood, and it seems as if this film has been around for ages because the story is so easy and slmost familiar, it's like one of the films they show at christmas and you watch evry year and they never lose their magic.
the story revolves around an old bear rock group who parted and have grown old. but one little bear still loves their music and sets out on a mission to reunite them for one last time, filled with great songs and even a cameo appearance by Elton John Country Bears is bound to get you tapping your feet.
the dvd is also crammed full of bonus features and many of them i'm glad to say didn't appear on the U.S. version.
we may have misse dout on this being released in cinemas but catch it now.
on 28 December 2009
This is an excellent DVD for both children and adults alike. It is a film about acceptance of someone who is different. It is about the triumph of the good over the bad. It is such a feel-good movie that you would want all your friends' kids to see it. It has become my favourite gift to children! I would recommend it to any child and adult alike!
VINE VOICEon 7 April 2009
I was buying some other dvds I thought my little boy might like, and saw this one, so added it to my shopping list. I'd never heard of this film, although was familiar with the Country Bears from Walt Disney World in Florida. This film is GREAT family fun. It has great characters, lots of fun, plenty of adventure - and everything you would expect from a Disney family film. I'd highly recommend this to anyone with kids who enjoy good old fashioned fun! Yeee-har!!
on 10 October 2008
For the price it's at , I would say give this film a go, it's sweet and funny and although the cover makes it look like a young childs film, I think it is for older children who will understand it's message. The music in this film is fun too and it'll have you tapping your feet, if you love Disney or The Muppets , buy it.
on 23 January 2011
My now, 15 year old daughter first had this film on VHS tape, which she absolutely loved in the years she was growing up.

Now, we have bought her the same film on DVD and it has the same effect on her, as she herself admits, brings back so many memories of her early years and indeed us as parents, still continue to love this film, due to its inoffensive and entertaining nature, which is suitable for all the family . If only there was a Country Bears II film coming out, we would be amongst the first to buy this too!!!!
on 14 May 2011
I caught this movie by chance on tv last summer. It is great!! I have had so many happy holidays in Florida, and the Country Bears is one of my favourite attractions in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. I don't know what cretinous pr person advised Disney not to issue this in cinemas in the UK but if he/she hasn't already gone, sack em!! It is hilariously funny, emotional, and with the feelgood factor that makes a great family movie. I bought the DVD for a friend as a stocking filler in 2010 because she had laughed so much seeing it on TV. She showed it to her kids who were enchanted. Buy this, sit back with all the family, AND ENJOY!!
on 19 May 2014
I can't believe i hadn't heard of this film from anyone, but now I've seen it i'm going to tell all my family and friends to watch it, i enjoyed it so much it made me feel happy, calm and relaxed, films by Walt Disney are always good and for all the family, having all those celebs is a big bonus feature good thinking guys. The bears are so well done they look real and as if they could be a big country band!! Will put my families response down when they have time but for now its great and should be watched by all.
on 29 January 2012
I bought this for my other half who at 49 years old, really should know better! However, he's a sentimental soul who recalls with great pleasure these kinds of films and cartoons. It arrived quickly, and was well packed - so, many thanks to the seller! I have to say that once had got past the initial embarrassment of opening the packet in front of the 17yr-old son who lives with me, we all sat down and thoroughly enjoyed it, very good quality:)
on 31 December 2015
To be honest I can't stand the film but my little 3 year old boy loves it. So much so that when it was removed from Netflix he cried. That's when I bought it and gave him it for Christmas and by the way he got excited by it you'd think he had nothing else.
on 28 January 2012
We purchased this after seeing a clipping in another film. Bought film for the children but to be honest I enjoyed it just as much as they did it was great had a great laugh. Great for cosy day in with the kids.