Counterfeit Blackadder Boxset?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 May 2009 16:52:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 May 2009 21:04:58 BDT
Hi, recently I bought this DVD set off of a market place seller only to find some things which seemed rather odd.
First off, the "BBCDVD" was in a different font than they are on other DVDs by BBC.
Then I noticed how the keyhole was missing on my copy (unlike the Amazon Icon).
The DVDs are bad quality like watered down to fit a D5 disc.
The inside disc holder is a very pale colour.
Tell me if your copy is like this or not.

Posted on 23 May 2009 10:41:26 BDT
theholyllama says:
Yes, I've just bought a copy with the same issues. No keyhole on the front cover, wrong font for the BBC logo (and on the back it's the wrong font AND upside-down). A couple of the plastic spindles that hold the DVDs in place were already broken and most of the discs were in the wrong holders. Glue attaching the plastic and card parts of the packaging together has been spilled / leaked so that parts of the packaging were stuck together. Like yours, the print quality on the packaging and discs seems poor and paler than it should be - you can tell from the PG / 15 rating logos.

Have you contacted the seller?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2009 21:13:09 BDT
What was the name of the seller???

Posted on 1 Jun 2009 12:47:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2009 12:48:23 BDT
theholyllama says:
To be fair, the person who sold it to me seems to have themselves bought it from someone else, so I'd rather not name them here. They responded to my email immediately, copied me in on their email to Amazon Customer Services reporting their original purchase, and refunded my money straight away, before I'd returned the item, so I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt!

Still, it's clear that there is a risk of getting counterfeit copies if you purchase these from a third party seller. Caveat emptor!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jun 2009 16:17:20 BDT
You might have had the same seller as me as I contacted them about it and they were great and refunded through a postal order that was actually a bit more than the price I bought it for.

Posted on 19 Nov 2010 08:51:02 GMT
O Sampson says:
This has happened to me and I've reported the issue to Amazon and contacted the seller about these issues. Now I'm waiting to see what happens.

I would have less of a problem buying something that I could guess is likely to be counterfeit like some things on ebay for example (even though I wouldn't go through with it) than paying for something which is linked to the amazon product with official product images and receiving a product which is clearly fake!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  1 May 2009
Latest post:  19 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blackadder - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Blackadder - The Complete Collection [DVD] by Rowan Atkinson (DVD - 2005)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (164)