- Paperback: 154 pages
- Publisher: Methuen Drama; 2Rev Ed edition (31 Oct. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0713659688
- ISBN-13: 978-0713659689
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 0.8 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,680,101 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Costumes for the Stage: A Complete Handbook for Every Kind of Play (Backstage) Paperback – 31 Oct 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Even the well-trained designer might learn a few new shortcuts...A useful starting point for the creative amateur. Theatre Journal Theatres with small budgets (probably every theatre) should...use this handbook as a training manual...should become a basic reference. Kliatt Engrossing. A truly comprehensive handbook. Publishers Weekly A book for anyone who has to costume a show on a small budget. Book Notes A lavish and exciting book providing an ideal blend of historical detail, practical suggestion, and imaginative flair. Speech and Drama --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Sheila Jackson, a designer in television for many years, was responsible for the costumes of the now classic series Upstairs, Downstairs. As a former teacher she is ideally placed to offer advice on the costume problems which arise in all kinds of production.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is full of useful advice and good illustrations - just my initial flip through gave me several good tips!