on 16 July 2012
I jumped straight into the series with this, the third book (it was on offer at the time). Due to this, there was an initial feeling that there were elements I would have liked to have heard more about that were presumably covered in earlier books.

It is to the credit of this book that this was soon forgotten, with a compelling story that transcended my unfamiliarity with the backstory, and made me want to explore the rest of the Alysian Universe.

There was the occasional feeling that certain references and events would mean more to someone more familiar with the series, but not to the point where the book could not be enjoyed on its own.

The only "fly in the ointment" was a tendancy for the story to jump forward without warning between certain chapters. In a couple of places, I found myself floundering for a few paragraphs until I realised why conversations and relationships had taken on a different context.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again