Size: 14-inch/35 cm|Change

on 25 January 2014
Thankfully I followed other reviewers information that this suit is on the large size. My dog's breed is a cavapoo, so she is a similar size to a cavalier and measures 20 inches long down her back. Even though I bought the 18 inch it is still on the large size and unless the legs on the suit are rolled up she gets trapped in it. The idea of the suit is great and with some DIY adjustments of pleats too, it is working well at keeping her dry and clean on all these wet days we are having. And it is easy to hear her rushing up to you because she sounds like she is wearing a crisp packet.
on 26 March 2013
I love this suit as it is so practical and saves so much time washing and grooming. Our pooch has low-to-ground undercarriage so it would be constant washing/drying in this weather - much quicker to zip it on and brave the elements. It is easy to get on and off with the half leg option. And it looks "cool". Would recommend for smaller breeds
on 18 December 2015
Keeps her clean. She isn't happy initially wearing this, but once she's distracted by the excitement of the activity, she forgets she's wearing it! She's a small Cavalier X Bichon, & the 35cm 1/2 leg fits her perfectly. It covers her legs to just below the knee. A full leg would definitely have been too long for her. Having cream & apricot cotton wool fur, the practical value of this little 'Jump Suit' is priceless. I'm looking forward to a proper winter woodland walk with her, where she can 'let her fur down' & get down n dirty, without needing a bath at the end of it!

Tip: Fill a squeezable sports water bottle with warm water to squirt the mud off the lower leg & paws before you remove the suit!
review image
on 6 December 2015
This suit fits my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel perfectly and keeps his long fur clean and dry when going for walks. He got used to wearing it very quickly, probably because he has worn coats before, but this is the first one he's had which covers his legs. Admittedly, he doesn't look very happy in the photo, but this was the first time he tried it on and he has become more accustomed to it since then!
review image
on 8 February 2014
I got this for my lhasa apso in a size 16 as he's quite big. Once it arrived and put it on him it was a struggle to fit in all his fur! We keep his hair fluffy but not long as the pictures of the breed you often see, however the extra volume meant he was uncomfortable (couldn't sit) and he didn't look too chuffed. He has another coat in size 16 which fits perfectly fine so I think it's just this coat. Apart from that the coat looked really good but unfortunately I had to send it back. So if you have a fluffy dog it's probably a good idea to go a size bigger!
on 21 March 2014
My Westie has a skirt and feather on his legs . So this coat was a brilliant purchase .At first he didn't want to move in it because of the noise it makes when the dog moves. I just put his toys at the other end of the room . It took a couple of walks to get him fully comfortable wearing it . Kept the top half of his legs and skirt clean and dry . It meant that I didn't have to bath him underneath everyday , saving time and money on shampoo . Highly recommend .
on 20 June 2014
Not sure what dog they used to develop their sizing but the coat while quite nice, was huge on my Coton de Tulear even tho' the 16" size should have fit her. She is a 'fine boned, thin(ish) breed' and this looked as if it had been designed for a very full bodied and 'bruiser' type of breed which means that it was ginormous around her middle. Had to send it back as quite sure it would never fit her!
on 11 February 2014
This does the job well. It is a perfect fit for my Cavalier x Bichon who is small for this hybrid breed. (Cavachon)
The legs though are a short length and fit to perfection! I always had to alter the legs on his coats in the past so I am please with this from Cosipets, but it is pricey at £22.80 they are a few pounds cheaper on Seapets and if you buy 2 its free delivery.
I would have given 5 stars if it had a stud fastener behind the neck to close the top once you had the front legs in to hold them in place whilst you put the two back legs in. As it is, you have to hope your dog doesn't wriggle and pull the front legs out before the back ones are in and you've done the zip up, a little irritating for both of us but be patient with him as after 2 weeks of rain my dog is now used to it and comes to have it put on no problem, He rustles along by the side of me sounding like a packet of crisps and I am smiling throughout these daily strolls.
This raincoat is a must have, if your dog goes on the bed/furniture, and my son has now bought one for his Cavachon. Be sure to measure from nape of neck to start of tail.
I haven't washed it yet so I cant comment on how well the proofing will last as the rain is doing it for me :-? but i do know that fabric conditioner removes water- proofing, so i replace it with a 1/2 capful of zoflora perfumed antibacterial disinfectant in the rinse cycle on my own waterproof clothing and it does a great job and smells gorgeous.
Dont dither like did, if he needs it, get first as last!
on 5 February 2014
I have found that despite washing this item very carefully with pure soap flakes and to the manufacturers guidelines, it has lost it's waterproofness after just 2 washes!
on 27 July 2014
I bought the 16 inch as the reviews I had read said that for a Westie the 14inch was to tight . When it came it was so big on our Westie/Jack Russell that he was stepping out of it . I tried it on our whippet cross and it was a lovely fit. I ordered the 14 inch for our other dog and it was a bit tight but since he has been at the groomers and had most of his coat shaved of it fits a lot better. This coat is great for our smaller dog as he always came back from his walks in wet weather all wet and muddy and it was not good for his skin to keep showering him.
He now comes back from his walk clean where the coat coves and all we have to do now is to clean the dogs paws.
We are very happy with the coats and love the fact that on rainy days the dogs come home from their walks clean.