With the SP2500, Corsair has reinvented the PC speaker system. Get ready to experience a revolution.
The Gaming Audio Series SP2500 is the product of a design philosophy that embraces the importance of clean, detailed audio reproduction -- not just for games, but for movies and music as well. Building a great PC speaker system is more than about giving you room-shaking power. You also need optimal imaging and positional accuracy, and sonic depth and detail. Since you have only one speaker system, you don't want to make compromises. That's why we've created the SP2500.
The smartest speaker system you've ever met. The digital signal processor and dynamic digital crossovers provide sophisticated processing and equalization effects for a listening experience that simply can't be matched on ordinary analog speaker systems. Enjoy late night gaming or movies without disturbing others, adjust your listening experience for your favorite gaming, film and music genres, and choose from custom listening environments. The power is yours.
The beauty of bi-amplification, and more. Each two-way satellite has discrete digital amplifiers for both the specially developed 3" midrange driver and the custom-designed 1" ferrofluid-cooled, silk dome tweeter for accurate reproduction. You'll enjoy pristine audio that's clean and tight, even when pushed to the limits. You'll also experience stereo imaging that's nothing short of amazing, creating a compelling experience that's as close as possible to how the recording engineer or the game designer intended.
You're in control. We've designed the Gaming Audio Series SP2500 to be a flexible and capable audio hub that will give you years of performance through multiple PC upgrades. You get a PC input, two additional audio inputs (perfect for a gaming console and your MP3 or network music player), and a headphone connector that lets you tap into the incredible digital processing power even when you're listening in private. Master them all with the desktop controller. The 1.8" (4.6cm) color TFT display looks great, day or night (and even includes a night mode color scheme). You can use the intuitive menu system to:
- Enable Mod X™ theatrical audio processing for Blu-Ray and DVD audio that recreates the theater experience
- Select dynamic DSP programs like Late Night, which uses the power of active digital crossovers to redirect bass tones to the satellites
- Choose custom-designed EQ curves for sophisticated environment simulation and optimal enjoyment of game, music and movie genres
What the Experts are Saying...
"In all, though. the SP2500s are the best PC-centric speakers we've heard. The asking price may well be a stumbling block for most readers, and many will look toward a budget set of KEF or Mission speakers and amplifier for the same outlay, but after spending hours with a set, there's little doubting that Corsair has hit the right note with its first foray into premium speaker territory. Got a high-end PC build planned? Do yourself a favour and put these on the list." -Hexus January 24, 2011
"The SP2500 speakers are without doubt the best PC speakers we've heard. They produce superb sound at all volumes and offer more depth - particularly in the mid-range - than any other set of speakers we've had the pleasure of reviewing." -Bit-tech April 11, 2011
"The SP2500 is a fantastic 2.1 system. The accuracy of satellites is something of a revelation for a consumer-focused product, letting you hear detail that you may have been missing from your audio. Though it can come across as a little clinical, the on-board DSP does a great job of offering a range of usable sounds that allow you to tune the system to your tastes. Music is detailed, accurate, and a pleasure to listen to, movies blow your socks off, and the accurate stereo imaging makes playing games a little easier too." -Gamespot UK January 6, 2011
Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 - Specifications
- Frequency response: 35Hz – 20kHz +/- 3dB
- 232 watts total power (measured via FTC "RMS" method)
- Subwoofer dimensions: 18.1 x 10.2 x 11.7 inches (46 x 25.8 x 29.7 cm)
- Satellite dimensions: 4.25 x 4.7 x 6.25 inches (10.8 x 12 x 15.9 cm)
- 8" 120W (IEC60268-5 24hr continuous rating) subwoofer with durable rubber surround
- Fourth-order closed bandpass enclosure design
- Bridged dual 60 Watt class-D amplifiers with integrated DSP for 120 Watts of power (measured via FTC "RMS" method)
- Ultra-efficient integral power supply with 100V – 240V AC input
- Bi-amplified, two-way design with detachable audio cables
- 3" 40W (IEC60628-5 24hr continuous rating) midrange drivers
- 1" 40W (IEC60268-5 24hr continues rating) ferrofluid-cooled silk diaphragm tweeters
- 56 Watts per satellite (measured via FTC "RMS" method)
- 40 Watt midrange class-D amplifiers with integrated DSP
- 16 Watt tweeter class-D amplifiers with integrated DSP
Why choose the Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500?
The Corsair Advantage
With more than 15 years of building enthusiast-grade memory and components, we've earned a reputation for quality, compatibility, and performance. Need help? Our highly-regarded technical support staff is available by phone, email or the web.
True Power Reporting
When reading PC speaker power claims, it's the details that count. Wattages stated are the sine wave continuous average power output measured using US FTC Title 16 Part 432 (RMS) rating, not "peak" or maximum power output.