Just received this book in the post and I am already pouring over every page. So much within the pages of this book appeals to me.
- I like the layout of each individual recipe on each page. It's clearly divided into Objectives, Necessary Equipment Needed and Portion Sizes.
- I like that there are important French words included within the text; it helps a great deal with my understanding of the language.
- I particularly like the little F.Y.I sections printed below the page of each recipe. I'm a bit of a stickler for general knowledge, and learning something new that's related to the recipe at hand helps round out the understanding of each dish prepared. Love this feature!
- I like that each recipe comes with a table of ingredients with quantities in both metric and U.S measures; makes my life a whole lot easier.
- Lovely glossy photos. Lovely division of recipes. Tasteful colour scheme. Appealing fonts and lettering.
What I DO NOT LIKE is the binding. GAH!! Everytime I flip a page it snags and I worry it's going to rip the page ... and this is just the first day I'm flipping through this book too. I just know that in a matter of months (if not weeks) pages are going to be falling out. That is my only complaint about this book. Am otherwise so very pleased with the content.