Tap into the power that cool thinking generates—learn howgoing slower can actually help you get more done, faster.
Before you check your wireless e-mail for the fourth time thishour, ask yourself, is this truly helping you get further ahead? Oris the pressure to address the immediate actually pushing youbackwards?
Cool Down takes a look at our innate and powerfuladdiction to high-speed activity, and shows how it is robbing us ofthe ability to think creatively and to connect with others(clients, colleagues, managers, and even family) just when we needto the most.
Cool Down offers a provocative look at the value ofslowing down in many aspects of our lives and demonstrates clearlythat to get further ahead, faster, people do actually need to cooldown. It's not about doing less; it's about achieving more byslowing down. Cool Down highlights the harmful effects ofspeed on productivity and reveals the value of slow in helping usto think clearly and prioritize more effectively.
Cool Down is a fascinating look at the world of work,revealing how and why slow is the next tool of strategicadvantage.
- Shows why and how to consciously step away from reactionism,pressure, and overload.
- Reveals the numerous ways in which cooling down will improveyour potential and abilities--intellectually, emotionally, andcreatively--making you more productive by going slower.
- Contains practical advice that will help you apply cooltechniques to real-world situations: at work, on the road, and athome.
- Explains how to improve communication with your boss, yourcolleagues, and your family.
- Features lots of examples, practical tips, to-dos, and conceptsthat are memorable and easy to apply. Each end-of-chapter summaryincludes "Key Points to Take Away" and assessment questions to helpyou honestly observe and change your current habits.
A complete approach to managing the pressures of life in afast-paced world, Cool Down allows you to slow down so youcan get ahead--and stay there.