With the growing demand for traditional, well-cooked, locally-sourced, homemade food there's never been a better time to start your own food business. You can sell your products at local food fairs, farmers' markets, food festivals and online. You can even get the ear of the supermarkets. Meanwhile, with modern technology and social media, it's never been easier to promote your products.
Produced in partnership with Country Living Magazine, this book will help you to:
- turn your love of food into a thriving small business, with the right idea and a watertight business plan
- create a home-based kitchen that complies with health and safety legislation
- use social media to promote your produce and brand
- become part of a vibrant community selling at farmers' markets and food festivals across the UK
- sell into shops, pubs and giant supermarket chains
This book is sprinkled with real-life stories of people making money from cooking, baking, blogging and much more besides. You'll meet soft drink producers, beef burger and sausage makers, chocolate and fudge specialists . . . and more.
All of them started from scratch and are now successfully selling into everywhere from farm shops to supermarkets. With this book you can join them.