Format: Blu-ray|Change

Chances are if you are buying this film you've already seen it long ago in your teenage years - you know the plot.
Under another director this movie could have become fluff. The master Peckinpah keeps it taught though, and along with the humour and good time fun injects a gritty quality that probably missed my perception in my youth.
The picture transfer is superb, with strong colours and tones. The one bugbear is the sound. Forget 5.1 Surround. Forget stereo even - this film is offered up in MONO. It's a truckin' shame! Get over it though and just enjoy the film.
Nostalgia is big business these days, and if a yearning for 70's teenage memories has drawn you here you will not be dissapointed.
on 14 September 2013
This is an absolute hoot. You don't need to know the plot-it's totally unimportant.

Considering the subject, it's amazing that this could be made so endearingly daft, and you've got to give huge credit to the filmmakers for making it so enjoyable.

The great Ernest Borgnine- how much we miss him !- is brilliant as the nasty-but actually not so- cop.

Kris Kristofferson should've made more films like this, and gets a succession of brilliant quips and one-liners, and actually some quite piercing-and brilliantly timed- lines as well; a number of sequences show just how good KK really is.

The Country sound track is great, and the use of classical music around crashes adds to the way this just reduces me to fits of helpless giggling. Every time.

The political aspects were introduced just to give the thing enough of a plot to make it out to movie length, for it is only based on a song, after all. The destruction of the town by trucks is a masterpiece of slapstick. It's odd to see this from the director that gave us "The Wild Bunch", but it makes it one of the great fun movies of its period.

But, it's endearingly daft. I'm a car driver, so if the speed cops come off worst, how can I not enjoy it, even if it's lorry drivers doing it?

Great fun; it may not deserve five stars for Quality, but for sheer enjoyment it can have no less.
on 14 October 2013
A review of the blu-ray, not the film. If you're on this page, it's almost guaranteed that you've seen the film and know exactly what you're watching.
I must have been 10 when I first saw this film. It's one of those films that I can just watch over and over again and still enjoy it as much as I did the first time I saw it.
When I read that there was going to be an HD transfer, my heart sank. Too many of my childhood memories have been destroyed in quick and dirty transfers to blu-ray in hopes of making a few quid on the quick.

I'm happy to report, that whoever was behind the scrubbing up of Convoy did a bang up job.
Listening to the revs of those engines never gets old, and the HD audio sounds tremendous. Easily up there with listening to the Harley's from Sons of Anarchy on Blu-Ray.
And the picture, wow. It's pixel perfect. A 35 year old film. And it looks better than half of my collection of "modern" blu-rays. Those gorgeous sweeping panoramic shots looks absolutely amazing in HD.
Considering its age, and it's relative cult status, especially in this country, he extras are relatively decent too.

Forget that terrible DVD transfer, ths is the definitive version of everyone's favourite road movie.
on 8 May 2016
I've seen sharper DVDs than this blu-ray but since I haven't seen this actual film on DVD I can't be certain it's worse. The quality is ok but no scene stands out as having blu-ray sharpness which even on other average blu-rays you normally do. The sound isn't fantastic either. Still the film is ok but unless you're a massive fan of this film you might want to save some money and buy it on DVD
on 24 March 2016
Breaker one nine-this here is the rubber duck-remember that? This is a great film that no one can go without! It is a pity that this film is not shown again because it would attract more fans to get this fine and fairly funny film. Truckers messing around on the CB winding up a nasty sheriff-You know what I am talking about? Then get this film-you will love it all over again!
on 25 October 2015
Love this film had to buy DVD to replace old video. Pure nostalgia for those who remember the fun we had with CB's "Breaker 1-9 for a copy good buddy"! Only annoying thing is the sleeve notes are in German.
on 10 January 2014
This was an excellent film that reached a lot of suppo& srt whilst on at the cinema I Loved it because I was a young trucker or as we called it then a wagon driver & I loved those big Yankee trucks but it came out round about the same time as C.B. radios started to gain momentum in popularity & so it gained a healthy following from C.B.ers as well. I must say that those trucks that were used in this film were good in their day but are nothing like the big Yankee trucks of today but I still enjoyed the film which was brilliant in blu ray & took me straight back to the 70s
on 6 July 2015
Made lots of money for Peckinpah although it of course is no Ride the high Country, The Wild Buch, Junior Bonner or Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (my favourites from the old boozing cocaine taking director). Great scene when Borgnine's car ploughs through the religious billboard ad.
on 1 January 2015
a brilliant film, typical of the 70's ! ahh happy days !! ...had this on video was waiting for this to be a reasonable price b4 buying ...glad i did as there are so many extras on the disc with a lot of stuff i never knew !.a great buy and 4 anyone who enjoys this sort of thing buy it now !
on 15 January 2012
Excellent film having watched it for years i really enjoy watching it. Very disappointed about it missing bits without even being told before i purchased it. overall very good film but it loses marks for being edited and not being informed about them before purchase.