- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (28 Jan. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470616334
- ISBN-13: 978-0470616338
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 1.7 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
191,789 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #69 in Books > Computers & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce > Web Design > Website Design
- #179 in Books > Computers & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- #235 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Web Design Applications
- See Complete Table of Contents
Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion Paperback – 28 Jan 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This advice can transform your web site′s success
When web design expert Ben Hunt set out to quantify the difference between an ordinary web site and a great one, he expected to find the key in design simplicity. But when his team more than doubled the conversion rates for a wide range of sites, they identified simple yet powerful solutions involving design, copy, appropriate analysis, classic optimization techniques, and targeted testing. You′ll find the fixes easy to implement, and they′re all right here.
- Understand the essentials your market, your proposition, and your delivery
- Create a site that is seen by the right people, provides a compelling experience, and generates the desired action
- Learn how to use testing to improve your site′s conversion rate
- Discover the holistic nature of web site optimization and why multiplicity matters
- Examine dozens of simple techniques for building traffic, engaging your audience, and crafting effective calls to action
- Combine creativity with analysis for the best possible results
About the Author
Ben Hunt is Principal Consultant for Scratchmedia Ltd. He operates webdesignfromscratch.com, which provides tutorials and advice to over 120,000 web developers each month. Ben has been designing, coding, and producing web sites for clients worldwide for more than 15 years, and is considered a leader in the web usability industry.
Forewords by Ken McCarthy, founder of the System Seminar, and Drayton Bird, Drayton Bird Associates.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was expecting what I actually was going to discover.
I read it. And then I ordered 3 copies. And later I ordered another 4 copies...I gave it to all of my team members and to the people I am working with in the re-design of our new website.
For a long time I had been wondering on whether there was a more scientific way on how to design websites in order to make them more effective to the purpose they were designed for in the first place (sales, lead generation etc.).
How does a web agency choose the look-and-feel, the information architecture, the navigation layers etc.
Ben Hunt explains that the "best guess" approach, which is the common approach, is not the best possible approach. That there is a better approach, that of Multiplicity, that he explains how to implement step by step in the book.
There is a very close relationship between site content design and market segment that is being addressed. Hence more business opportunities can be exploited and make the site more profitable with the right design.
With "Convert" one learns how to design starting from the purpose of the website in order to find out the right design.
It is a highly useful book non only to designers but especially to small on-line business owners interested in increasing their ROI.
I am now back to buy the paperback version so I more easily use it as a work book ad reference material. The paper version means I can flick back and forward to cross reference and copy through issues better.
Okay this means I end up with two versions of the same work but that is not a problem for me as I know it is worthwhile.
If you are involved in web design directly you need this book You WILL get more referrals for the new work if you can incorporate these design changes. More referrals mean more work for less hassle and higher prices for your work.
If you are hiring a web designer you need this book even more to make sure you do not waste your money on building a site that will not do what it want it to do. The book does also give great examples of how individual pages work best when laid out properly.
Ben Hunt has created an essential resource for any serious company or individual who needs a website that both attracts and satisfies a clearly defined audience, whether existing or new.
As an AdWords PPC Campaign Management Consultant since 2005, I have experienced constant frustration with business owners who can't or won't take their website seriously enough, by treating it as a constant work-in-progress to be continuously crafted and improved for their ideal visitor response.
I call such websites "concrete websites" for obvious reasons.
Many of these have unwittingly fallen victim to their own desires above those of their potential customers, or a website provider who has no clue at all about designing a site for both traffic, and conversions.
As Ben realised and addresses comprehensively in "Convert!" - without testing, tracking, and measuring both visitors and sales, any website will either fail or not reach its potential.
Since a large investment in money, time and expectation is usually at stake, it makes no sense to invest in an online presence which is doomed to failure right from the start.
If you're not being found when people look for you, or if all people do is leave as soon as they arrive, your website truly has no purpose.
Ben provides clear guidance on how to research, design, structure, and expand your website from the most important aspects of user engagement and profitability.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Convert - finally you can learn how to make your website work and stand out the it jungle that we call the Internet. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very good. Expert. Professional. Well written and structured. Useful. Relevant.
I am echoing the comments I have made about Tim Ash's book Landing Page Optimisation - also... Read more
The approach of awareness ladder has been an eye opener to me. I did get very positive result from my websites (shop4mama.com and slimwear. Read morePublished on 11 Nov. 2013 by Slimwear.nl
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Web Marketing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design