on 17 December 2014
UPDATED FEBRUARY 2016

This heater is widely available throughout the UK. It is made with a variety of slightly different casings so that large outlets like Argos can sell it as "own brand". Several versions of the same heater are also available on Amazon. It is usually possible to identify it by the design and position of the thermostatic control on the side. The price I paid in December 2014 was £19.99 and on that basis I have rated the heater three stars. Since then I have seen it on Amazon at widely different prices, once as low as £9.99

The heater is built down to a price rather than up to a quality. Consequently, there is more risk than with a branded product that the one you get will be a "dud" which is reflected in the number of negative reviews. I have bought several. So far, the longest any has lasted has been about three years and the shortest eight months. A particular weakness is the thermostat. If it fails then you have to switch the heater on and off manually but it can also fail leaving the heater inoperable. I took apart one failed heater but the build quality simply didn't make it worthwhile to mend. Several corners have been cut, no earth connection being one of them.

However, I would rate it good value at £15 including delivery and at the time of the update could be found on Amazon at below that price. See Connect IT and Oypla Electrical.
on 7 December 2012
Bought it for a poverty stricken friend as an early Christmas gift because she cannot afford to turn on the central heating. She loves it because it is silent and gets very hot fast and keeps her toasty warm at least in one part of her house. So it works people. That's why it's called a heater!
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2012
If you want a small heater for a conservatory as I did look no further. Good value with quick delivery. The fire delivers heat and is small and compact.
on 30 November 2013
Delivered before date stated, easy to assemble just screw the legs on and the warmth
That it give off is great and according to my smart meter on the lower setting
Using s 15p and hour and on the higher setting 30p and hour, cheaper
Than putting the central heating on!
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2014
what a great heater its used in the bedroom and left on all night because my husband suffers from loss of heat in his body ,does a great job and my electric bill as not gone up by this .
on 27 June 2013
This item was purchased for the landing in our home. Just on the 1Kw setting it heats the landing up in minutes. I would recommed everyone to get one of these
on 9 January 2013
Three different heat settings and a thermostat for room control. Does what it says it will with good value for money.
on 8 October 2014
Great heater to start with, however after only 6 wks it's stopped working!! I will be looking for a full refund!!
on 6 November 2014
Great radiator easily heats a 15 x 15 foot room.
Just a warning my son is an electrician and we had plugged the radiator into an extension lead.
the radiator stopped working a while later showing no signs of life.

I thought it was broken but my son unplugged it and plugged it straight into the socket on the wall and it worked fine showing all the lights on again.
He said the radiator was to powerful for the extension cable.
The only down side is the cable attached to the radiator is far to short.
A good buy, but watch where and what you plug it into.
on 24 April 2013
When I got the product, I was no sure it will work as expected as it looks quite light. I was however proved wrong and therefore can recommend the product.