This popular and well-established student textbook on contract law, now in its fifth edition, covers the subject comprehensively but concisely. It offers a clear and accurate explanation of the law, presented in a systematic and logical order for learning and revision. The book is exceptionally accessible to students new to the subject.
The fifth edition features a new colour text design and diagrams to help the student understand the subject. It is fully up-to-date with key developments in contract law, including:
· Proceedings linked to the successful television show, Fame Academy: McNicholas Construction (Holdings) Ltd v Endemol UK plc (2003)
· Litigation following the ‘Bravo Two Zero’ mission during the Gulf War: R v Attorney-General for Englandand Wales (2003)
· Contracts made following a mistake as to one party’s identity: Shogun Finance v Hudson (2003)
· An action by the Ministry of Sound (Ireland) Ltd for the payment of a debt
· A case brought by Jimi Hendrix’s estate developing the law on the calculation of damages
· Other new cases cover the areas of unfair contract terms, misrepresentation, entire agreement clauses, the interpretation of contract, illegality, discharge, remedies and consumer contract.
- An accessible introduction to contract law which can be used as a core or support text.
- Examines contemporary cases and issues in the media.
- Explores the issues and debates in the subject, as well as the substantive law.
- Each chapter includes guidelines on answering typical examination questions, and a chapter of general examination advice.
- A glossary to help clarify important terms.
About the authors
Catherine Elliott is a qualified Barrister and Lecturer in Law at City University. She has extensive experience of teaching law.
Frances Quinn is an award-winning journalist and journal editor, with a particular interest and experience in law.
By the same authors
English Legal System 6th edition (ISBN 1 405 81165 X)
Criminal Law 5th edition (ISBN 0 273 68764 6)
Tort Law 5th edition (ISBN 1 40580711 3)
AS Law 2nd edition (ISBN 0 582 82297 1)
Also by Catherine Elliott
French Legal System (with Catherine Vernon) (ISBN 0 582 32747 4)
French Legal System and Legal Language: An Introduction in French (with Carole Geirnaert and Florence Houssais) (ISBN 0 582 31718 5)
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.