Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now

Continuation play/remote play

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Feb 2012 10:07:25 GMT
Does anybody know much about how well these features are going to be implemented? I'm particularly interested in continuation play and the idea of taking my save file on Pro Evo wherever I go. I think if these two features could be nailed the Vita could become a must-buy for PS3 owners.

Posted on 16 Feb 2012 10:27:59 GMT
I was thinking of asking that exact question, if they could tie in FIFA football in with fifa 12 you could have epic replay value esp if you can play n drop on either console!

Posted on 16 Feb 2012 21:08:31 GMT
check out the video of ruin on youtube it shows the guy switching from ps3 to vita on the fly as it uses cloud saving!

Posted on 18 Feb 2012 17:21:51 GMT
Mr. C Kelly says:
I am definitely looking forward to that game. It'll likely fall under the 'buy once for both consoles' banner, like with Motorstorm. Last I saw it was "launch window", but nothing's been seen since E3... It's no longer called Ruin, but Warrior's Lair

Posted on 18 Feb 2012 17:49:14 GMT
Beagle says:
They've not been very clear about the switching element. I hope it's a lot better than the current remote play which was a right let down.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 16:14:40 GMT
One thing I guessing is u will have to buy playstation plus as that utilises cloud saving! That's sonys way of conning us all out of another £40

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2012 16:37:27 GMT
Beagle says:
Not me, I refuse. I stumped up for iTunes Match because that for me was HUGE value for money, but Sony just don't seem to get it do they.

Posted on 19 Feb 2012 17:49:22 GMT
Mr. C Kelly says:
You're using the same PSN account, so wouldn't have to pay for PS Plus again for cloud saving. Or you can just connect your vita to the ps3 and then transfer the save.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2012 23:54:46 GMT
Beagle says:
Pay for plus again? I'm not paying it once - For a bit of cloud saving, I don't think so. So far I can't see any compelling reasons for plus.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 02:54:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Feb 2012 02:55:20 GMT
Askew says:
I have PlayStation Plus. You can get some fairly big discounts for the PS Store, all year. There's also free games, DLC, and the online storage for save games is somewhat useful, although not exactly necessary. You get a selection of full retail games to download for a trial period, as well. I got a year's subscription on offer and it didn't seem /that/ expensive for the content/services/savings I was getting out of it. /shrug

Oh, and I'm pretty sure you don't need Plus for cross-play or whatever it is.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 14:07:43 GMT
Agreed Askew. I only purchased Plus reluctantly last year and thus far it's proven great value for money.

I've gotten far more out of it than I've had to put in, can't say fairer than that.

Posted on 20 Feb 2012 19:01:50 GMT
Beagle says:
In that case I might check it out, if the discounts etc are things that we want instead of things Sony can't sell!

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 19:23:37 GMT
Askew says:
It's a mix, but some freebies are quite good.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  16 Feb 2012
Latest post:  20 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about