Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.34

on 6 July 2015
Noooo, I am just a complete idiot. This series is an insult to science fiction. What made them stand out as being so bad, is that i read one a day whilst on holiday. I hate this guy. To be honest I should of demanded a refund for conning me into this trash. The original excitement and wonder on the discovery of the artifact has been completely lost and replaced with tedium on a vast scale. Quite frankly it was a chore to complete this series. I implore you to avoid books 2, 3 and four. They even came close to putting me off reading any further free 1st books. It is the worst science fiction series I have read in my life ever. Albert Sartison either cannot write or is a complete con merchant or both. I am annoyed with myself for being suckered into this rubbish.
on 16 July 2016
I look forward to the next series with interest. There were still some proofreading errors to be ironed out but they didn't spoil the flow of the story. I enjoyed this book as it feels a little like a film which is ramping up slowly towards the blockbuster ending.
on 3 April 2015
Bought all four books, what an utter waste of money. Reading this simple story spread over 4 books and wishing I hadn't bothered. Alien object enters the solar system, basic communication established, alien leaves. No outcome, no substance no action - boring
on 17 August 2014
A reasonable concept for a first encounter storyline book series.
A lot of thoughtful detail is contained in each book especially on methods & questions of contact, though this is not consistent throughout the books in the other subplots.
I.e. In books 3 & 4 we are introduced to a new character as captain of an unrelated space ship, we are repeatedly told his name but all other characters in that part of the story are only referred to by job title even title though there characters are no less important in the story.
A few action scenes in the second half of each book breaks up the rest of the slow detailed story but as each gets the reader going the book ends.
I get the feeling that this series of books would be a lot better as one and not four.
If this was a TV series the fourth book ends in a sort of cliffhanger, but as an ending to a book it's quite sudden as if it was rushed in the end.
on 7 August 2014
I was looking forward to this edition of the story, hoping for a novel story line - but then it went all stereotype - 'don't understand it - don't trust it - lets shoot it' - lots of paranoia. Hopefully the author is just winding us up into a false sense of despair and he will come back with a humdinger of an episode in the fifth - I live in hope
on 2 December 2015
Well I have read the first 3 books and to be honest I'm new to kindle. It seems you get the first one free then pay for the next installments. Whilst I don't have a problem with this, it seems the books are 90 pages fine or take and can be read in a couple of hrs. So in theory it works out more expensive than getting the book in paperback! ....
Anyway going off what everyone is saying, think I will leave the 4th book. Whilst the first book started promising the next 2 books don't deliver much!
on 30 September 2015
As a first contact book this is far too technical and must have been written for the U.S. market only. Having read all four books I got the impression that it was good in parts like the curate's egg. Radarman
on 30 March 2016