on 24 November 2013
When I first opened the book version and read the introduction I thought the book had been written about me. I bought it again on kindle so that I could read it without my husband knowing, as he is still in denial of his aspergers. It is hard to live with a person when you are disappointed that your dream person has turned into the stuff of nightmares, but it becomes more possible when you read this book.

It does seem unfair that all of the compromise lies in the hands of the NT while the aspie gets away with atrocious behaviour (by anyone's standards other than their own) scot free. However, you have to judge whether you think it is worth it for the moments of shared intimacy and humour. I have developed a tool, whereby the harsh words are caught in a version of a child's duckie bib, and allowed to flow over me 'like water off a ducks back'.

You also have to remember that they are not choosing to behave badly to spite you, rather that for them, there is no other way.

I have also lent the book to a friend who says that it changed/saved her life.

So now I think this book was written FOR me rather than about me and that with practice I can help things to become more harmonious in our relationship - though it is still not easy, ever!
on 20 August 2013
a very necessary book for those struggling through the minefield of aspergers syndrome and associated problems in your marriage or relationship.
on 17 February 2015
Would absolutely reccommend this to anyone who has a partner with Aspergers. Helps you to understand their point of view as well as making you realise that you're not going mad! Definitely helps to work through the obstacles in a relationship.
on 24 March 2014
I found this book to start very good but unfortunately I only gave it two stars because in real life it would not work unless you are gong to let your partner get away with anything. I have a son who has aspergers as well as my husband and I asked my sons's psycologist and OT about the main line that keeps recurring in the book "no expectations no disappointments" and they said under no circumstances can you accept that. There will always be problems and always you will have to give them some leeway but you have to have expectations and they also have to learn to achieve if not all of them some of them. I would not be the most vocal of people and have taken a lot off both my husband and son but sorry. This book was not for me. If you want to let your partner get away with absolutely everything (except abuse) then read away.
on 20 April 2016
Jolly good book for those who are in a AS/NT relationship
on 21 May 2015
Very good and very interesting. Arrived promptly.
on 29 October 2014