on 16 April 2014
This is a fan. It will cool you down.

It is exactly like any other budget fan you will find anywhere else. It is reasonably easy to assemble if you're not an idiot, relatively well built if you don't kick it and hit it with a baseball bat, pretty loud on the top setting - and like any other budget fan, it does cool you down. It will not surprise you for it is the epitome of average.

If you want an average fan for a budget price, hey, you've found one. Purchase with confidence. Don't expect the world to change at its wake.
55 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2013
very pleased with this fan as it is quiet and as it is used in the same room as TV this is important.
on 26 April 2014
Would have been ok for the money but the item looked like it had been returned before, one of the parts had already been attached, one of the parts was broken and the box was damaged, insufficient packing maybe,
on 16 June 2016
As 1 of my older fans got broken I needed a replacement and this fitted what I was looking. I am unable to leave windows open at night upsrtairs because my cats would probably go out of them not realising they are upstairs!

It wasn't the cheapest fan for sale nor was it the most expensive, but for the price I payed I am pleased with it. Due to the weather in the Lake District being really hot for over a month we needed another fan as we had 1 on the landing upstairs to try and cool down 2 bedrooms (didn't really work.)

It arrived quicker than the expected date which was really good. It came boxed with all the parts inside and the instructions. It was really easy and quick to put together. It is a bit bigger than I thought it would be but this is not a problem. It has multi speed settings and can be set on a fixed place or so it turns round. It is definately worth the money. I may buy another 1 for downstairs.
on 24 June 2014
Not the best start. Screw missing and couldn't erect the fan. After a few emails and even photographic evidence a screw was eventually sent out. Unsure why this couldn't have been done on the initial email.
on 22 April 2014
This fan is not shown with a name in the centre of it. I therefore assumed it did not have a name in the centre and so was not an Elpine fan. Elpine fans are extremely noisy and don't even fan that well given the noise they make. I would never ever buy another Elpine fan after having brought one in the past. I was very disappointed when I took it out of the box and it said "Elpine". If I had wanted a fan that did not work well and made a lot of noise I would have brought one at my local shop. All the same we tried it, but predictably it makes an unholy vibrating noise which fills the room and then doesn't even fan very well. We threw it away in the rubbish afterwards and I have had to go into town to find an oscillating fan which is not made by Elpine as I can't trust this supplier to send a fan which is adequate.
on 30 April 2014
The fan arrived within the specified time. I was delighted with it especially for the price. the only criticism of it is that it can not be locked in the vertical position and when on full speed tends to lift from the lower position. Othewise a great product.
on 25 June 2014
This is a very smart 12" Oscillating fan., It has 3 settings and you can have it in a fixed position to concentrate the cool air to one place. It doesn't make much noise and looks quite stylish.,
on 26 December 2015
Pretty good value and reasonably quiet. The one I got had a slightly warped front half of the grill so was really hard to fit to the back half - had to use a cable tie as the small fixing screw was missing. Wasn't bad enough to bother returning.
on 5 July 2015
Rubbish quality. Received the fan, followed instructions to put it together, plugged it in and switched it on and... nothing! Re-checked that I'd not done anything wrong putting it together, even changed the fuse in case! Hasn't worked, very disappointed as couldn't get one locally so was stuck in the horrible heat with no fan. Seller was great to be fair, gave instant refund. AVOID THIS FAN!!!