How to Write For an Online Audience and Turn Visitors Into Customers
The goal of good writing is to communicate... to build a relationship with your audience.
You do exactly that in your offline life all day long. You build your personal "offline brand of one" through interacting with everyone you meet. Building a "brand of one" is just as easy to do online through your writing... and just as important.
Connect! How to WRITE Your Own Paycheck reveals the simple techniques you can use to communicate with the visitors to your website or blog... and then turn those visitors into customers.
Make Money Online the Smart Way
Too many online businesses give Web users precisely what they don't want: a sales pitch.
If you happen to be a big brand retailer, going "straight for the sale" works. Surfers visit sites like Amazon with the intention of making a purchase (just like you are now).
But small online businesses need to give Web users what they want when they don't come online to shop: quality information. It works like this...
- You are passionate about a topic - cacti, say - and have built a great blog or website all about it.
- A surfer comes online to search for information on propagating cacti. She discovers your site.
- Because you have written to connect, the visitor trusts you and believes in you.
- And because you have put her in an "open to buy" frame of mind, she becomes a paying customer when you point her to the money-making parts of your business.
You don't need to be an expert on your subject... just passionate!
And if you think only super-gifted "literary" types have what it takes to write online content...
Relax... Everybody Can Write to Connect!
There is no mystery to good writing. No secret society. No smoke and mirrors.
It's just a matter of undoing the damage inflicted upon you by your schooling... and unlocking what's already inside you.
This book provides all the guidance and strategies you need to write winning online content: relevant, personality-filled Web pages that make your business stand out... and open your visitors' minds to the many possible methods you can use to earn income.
- How to design a clean and intuitive website that "sets the mood" for business
- The importance of knowing your customer and what she wants
- The A-B-C of how to write for an online audience
- How to use social media channels like Facebook to build an even closer bond with your visitors
- An introduction to “CTPM”... a process that has helped tens of thousands of ordinary people write their own paycheck.
(For a closer look at Connect! How to WRITE Your Own Paycheck, please click on the "Look Inside" feature at the top of the page)
About the Author:
Ken Evoy is the Founder of SiteSell Inc. and the creator of SBI!, a comprehensive Web business-building system. He is also the author of a series of widely-acclaimed "best on the Net" e-business books and courses. The SiteSell brand is highly-respected by influential Internet business personalities around the world.
Evoy brands his business philosophy as "E-business Success. Simple. Real." He feels strongly that every small business can be empowered to use the Internet to leverage their income-building potential. SBI! delivers the proven process, tools and guidance to build thriving online businesses and change lives.
Evoy was born in Montreal, Canada and holds degrees in science and medicine from McGill University.