Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Oct 2012 15:47:33 BDT
A. Burns says:
Ok, firstly I dont have a 3D bluray player or 3D tv, however I want the 3D collectors edition for the special features. Now from what I gather these features are only on the 3D collectors edition which I believe comes with a standard bluray disk for the movie and for the features. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 17:03:48 BDT
3 Disk version comes with 1 3d blu ray version of the movie, one standard blu ray version and special features disk I believe. This version has extra features like the 2 hour making of documentary, the standard 2 disc blu ray set doesnt.

Just get this version, as you get the extra features plus standard blu ray to watch, I dont have a 3d tv either

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2012 17:11:27 BDT
A. Burns says:
That's cool. I already did order it, I was just worried incase the special features disk was a 3D bluray which won't play on my non 3D bluray player lol

Posted on 5 Oct 2012 18:24:43 BDT
D. Joyce says:
Thanks for asking this question as I had the same concerns. What still bothers me is that people are talking about a 4 disc edition that has all the special features and of the three versions listed on Amazon 3 disc seems to be the most that's listed. Is there an error in the listing or in the info about the actual number of discs?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2012 18:27:28 BDT
A. Burns says:
I know it's so confusing. I think America got the 4 disk only and the 4th disk is a DVD copy of the film. What we have is essentially the same collection minus the DVD copy.

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 14:29:52 BDT
Its always nice to have an free dvd version thrown in with a blu ray set but in all honesty, when is that dvd ever taken out of the case let alone used? lol

Posted on 9 Oct 2012 19:42:20 BDT
Ian Langford says:
DVD is useful if you've got mates that don't have blueray yet. (My Dad is old-school; his DVD player gets more use as a coaster.) I loved the marketing tool here, that each version of the film has different extras, so you either buy them all, or just the most expensive one.

Posted on 10 Oct 2012 18:10:14 BDT
Sorry, but still don't get it (maybe because I'm no native speaker): Is there a 2D Blu-ray version of the theatrical cut in this 3 disc set? Because I want the bonus features, but I'm not able to watch the 3D disc ...

Thanks in advance and kind regards!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2012 18:14:01 BDT
A. Burns says:
Ok just to clear this up since I opened the post lol. In the 3 disk 3D collectors edition you get one 3D bluray disk one standard 2D disk for the movie and a third 2D disk for all the features! So if you don't have a 3d bluray player, you CAN still watch the movie and all features. Tried and tested.

Posted on 10 Oct 2012 18:16:52 BDT
Thank you very much, A. Burns!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2012 18:56:41 BDT
K. D. Allan says:
Yes but what a marketing con. I know they want us to upgrade our TVs and blu ray players to 3D, but what a way to do it. What does Ridley Scott think about this shameless way to make money?

Posted on 12 Oct 2012 03:58:22 BDT
Neal Vincent says:
Mr. C. Crawford says: "Its always nice to have an free dvd version thrown in with a blu ray set but in all honesty, when is that dvd ever taken out of the case let alone used? lol"

With me it does. I like audio commentaries, to learn more about films that I like, but it doesn't really make sense to do an audio commentary on a big-screen in 1080p.

I prefer to do audio commentaries on DVD, on a smaller screen, burbling away in the background while I'm doing something else (like gaming) on my big screen. DVD is perfect for that. Audio commentaries don't require you to pay constant attention to the screen, after all.

What bugs me is when you DO get a "bonus" DVD with the Blu-ray, but it turns out to be a bare-bones disc with no commentaries or any other extras.

As others have said, the DVD copy is also handy so friends and relations who haven't got Blu-ray players can watch the film.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2012 11:50:28 BDT
Mrs. FILM says:
Hello , I got the 3D special edition even though I don't have a 3D TV as I wanted all the extra stuff...but I can't seem to find the alternate ending or begining as promised in the TV ad from the film. Where on this version are the differant ending/opening ? Is it on on the 3D disc as that will not play as my TV is not 3D ready...surely I don't have to re-buy the standard DVD/Blu-ray version ?? there are many deleted scenes but no alternate ending or opening ?? can anyone help tell me where they are ?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2012 11:50:43 BDT
Mrs. FILM says:
Hello , I got the 3D special edition even though I don't have a 3D TV as I wanted all the extra stuff...but I can't seem to find the alternate ending or begining as promised in the TV ad from the film. Where on this version are the differant ending/opening ? Is it on on the 3D disc as that will not play as my TV is not 3D ready...surely I don't have to re-buy the standard DVD/Blu-ray version ?? there are many deleted scenes but no alternate ending or opening ?? can anyone help tell me where they are ?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2012 15:05:11 BDT
A. Burns says:
Hi, I am pretty sure I watched all the deleted scenes on this version. If its not on the special features disk I think you can find it on the movie disk itself under extras or features. The alternate opening is on it as I watched it, haven't watched the alternate ending but I am sure it's there as well. I don't have a 3D player or tv either.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  5 Oct 2012
Latest post:  20 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions