Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 15 February 2004
Great, great album. Though you really should buy Kylie Minogue (the -94 album) AND Impossible princess 'cause this doesn't include all good songs..
Put yourself in my place 10/10 (good to listen if you've just got dumped!)
Some kind of bliss 8/10 (rock-Kylie!)
Surrender 7/10 (have you ever noticed how many colours there are in her voice?)
If I was your lover 7/10 (Lyrics are good, very good)
Limbo 9/10 (simply good)
Did it again 9/10 (amazingly good lyrics, and those "o-oh's" sound so cute!)
Through the years 9/10 (just good)
Too far 10/10 (a little bit scary, one of the best in this record)
Say hey 10/10 (nice lyrics, how soft her voice can be!)
Time will pass you by 5/10 (this is not hit, this is miss)
Cowboy style 10/10 (different, interesting)
Falling 9/10 (would be 10 but it's too long)
I don't need anyone 9/10 (this is survival song)
Dreams 10/10 (Kylie's best ballad)
Jump 10/10 (slow and lovely, great lyrics)
Drunk 10/10 (you just got to get to the dancefloor, best part is "there's more and more and more to it, don't take me halfway, halfway")
Confide in me 10/10 (this is classic)
Album as a whole 9/10.
on 31 January 2006
Contains many of kylies great tracks from her middle albums after leaving SAW
Impossible princess is a much underrated album and the best tracks from that are included here. There are a few weak tracks, but most of them are great. (My personal favourite being limbo, fantastic!) There are many styles on this album, but all of them uniquely kylie, although not all work.
If you are a fan of kylie, but do not have the original albums, then this compilation is a must as there are lots of great tracks, some even better than the more recent great pop music on fever and light years
on 5 April 2007
This album is consistently brilliant throughout. I can't believe Kylie didn't add some of these tracks onto her 2004 Ultimate Collection CD, they so deserve to be on there. Particularly ''If I was your lover'', ''Falling'' and ''Through the years''. I wasn't really into music when I was six years old (1994) so I don't know how well the Deconstruction album faired but it should have been a top seller. 1998's Impossible Princess is equally impressive too. This album is definitely worth shelling the dosh out for, I mean c'mon it has one of the best songs in pop history on there - ''Confide in me''.
VINE VOICEon 14 January 2003
Essentially this is a collection of Kylie's recordings from the Deconstruction era. As such it is probably the best compilation in terms of her creativity and more credible work.
The start of this phase saw her break out of the teen image built and perpetuated by the SAW house after her soap exit - and saw her demonstrate more of her ability (not least in terms of creativity). The indie sound and the content lend a much edgier style to her work that has yet to be re-captured and was, luckily, all before her descent back into the camp and poppy personae with which we're now more familiar.
In years to come this should probably be re-released as 'When Kylie Was Good' and it should form part of any record collection, even those of us who can't abide the early (or late) material...
on 27 August 2014
This album is worth it alone for Limbo and Did It Again!!!

These songs featured on Kylie Minogue and Kylie Minouge 98 (Impossible Princess) easily my 2 favorite 90's Kylie albums!!! I'm gutted Breathe isn't featured but that aside!!

Such strong vocals and lyrics many of which Kylie wrote on her own!

I bought the mp3 as i left the Cd with a ex
on 18 January 2005
This album includes songs mixed from her first two deconstruction albums. As a UK Budget album I don't think it could chart and that's what makes it soooooo increadible and special - also incredibly cheap! I got my copy for £3.99! Amazing! If you were thinking of buying the Impossible Princess album (2 Disc re-mastered edition only available now!) for the 12-track original album don't. You can get eleven of the twelve tracks on here with the exception of the great single 'Breathe!' If you want to get it for the bonus disc with remixes and B-sides - go ahead! The perfect Kylie deconstruction CDs to buy all together at once include the following. Starting with this album & the perfect Decon gift to go with it is Hits+. Not only is it excellent but it has 9 (!) unreleased tracks including remixes plus 6 rare singles from her first two albums plus the Mute record label song - 'Where The Wild Roses Grow' with Nick Cave. Also buy Mixes for the best remixes of singles +Too Far from the album 'Impossible Princess' and lastly the album itself, basically for 'Breathe' (4.38 version) and Bonus Disc. This album includes:
1 Put Yourself In My Place (5/5)
2 Some Kind Of Bliss (5/5)
3 Surrender (5/5)
4 If I Was Your Lover (5/5)
5 Limbo (5/5)
6 Did It Again (5/5) The best song on the album!!
7 Through The Years (4/5)
8 Too Far (5/5)
9 Say Hey (5/5)
10 Time Will Pass You By (5/5)
11 Cowboy Style (5/5)
12 Falling (5/5)
13 I Don't Need Anyone (5/5)
14 Dreams (5/5)
15 Jump (4/5)
16 Drunk (5/5)
17 Confide In Me (5/5)
If you find any of these songs fimilar but are sure you've only heard them once (I hate it when that happens!! Lol), Kylie sang the following songs on her Fever2002 tour!:- Limbo (trance style), Cowboy Style (Hip-hop style), Confide In Me & she also sang Put Yourself In My Place in the Crying Game <Ballads Section> along with Dreams in the middle of I Should Be So Lucky (PWL Label Record), as she dedicated it to her fans. Great album!
on 16 April 2003
It seems to me that Kylie Minogue's "impossible princess" album later retitled "Kylie Minogue" seemed to pass everyone by without a blink of the eye. At the time Kylie was not the princess of pop she is today, however not even the relaunch of the deconstruction (her record label at the time) material on this album "Confide" in 2002 made an impact. Ironically though this is most probably Kylie's best offerings. This album is so far away from the likes of "Hand on your heart" and "I should be so lucky". I think it is a complete "pic n mix" of genres of music, including pop, rock, indie, dance and classic chill. the album has bad stigma attached to it but thankfully a great sound.
(1) put yourself in my place - A great song one of the best on the album, this is one of the more popish songs but with great lyrics, great sound and great video for the song (you should check it out). 10/10
(2)some kind of bliss - When the Manic street preachers asked to work with kylie while she was at PWL they were told to "get lost", however once Kylie left the pop factory of PWL the Manics asked her personally to work with them and the result was this song. The song has a typical Manics sound and an amazing one at that. Another top track 10/10.
(3) Surrender - this is a good song but the lyrics are a bit on the cheesey side, think kylie stole the lyrics before she left PWL.
8/10
(4)if I was your lover - mixture of indie and r.n.b feel, kylie shows her great voice on this track. 8/10
(5)Limbo - otherwise thought of as the destination of this album. great song, this is one of the dance tracks, I think it's one of kylies favs as she sang it on her favour tour. 9/10
(6)Did again - AMAZING need i say more 10/10, the video is a class act too.(note the videos arent on the cd)
(7)through the years - one of the poorer tracks, more chilled. 8/10
(8)Too far - another talented song, not sure how to describe it, kylie is almost rapping in it i suppose. 8/10
(9) Say Hey - this is a great song, more of a relaxed song but this is honestly very well done. 10/10
(10) Time will pass you by - great song very upbeat and dance, Kproduced by M people. 9/10
(11)cowboy style - very strong song, with a completely different sound, it has a very rocked up country feel, a fav with the fans. 9/10
(12)Falling - a good dance tune, with a very smooth sound. 9/10
(13)I don't need anyone - the second of the Manic colaborations and just as good as "some kind of bliss" 10/10
(14)Dreams - fantastic piece of work, a very oriental feel and an amazing ballad. 10/10
(15)jump - one of the poorer songs but ok 7/10
(16)Drunk -very good sound. 9/0
(17)confide in me - the album is titled from this track and rightly so. This song is a MASTERPIECE. It has one of the most famous intros of any song, you will probably know it the minute those violins and drums start. This song is undoubtly the best on the album, it is sheer brilliance packed into 5 minutes and 52 seconds. 10/10 and thats an insult.
this is a must have album, the thing to remember is this is nearly all kylies work, she was the talent behind the album, she wrote/ co wrote i think 11 out of the 17 tracks.
on 31 August 2003
Well I was indecisive about which re-release of the 2 deconstruction albums to buy. Since they both were extremely expensive I bought "confide in me" since it was a compliation of tracks from those 2 albums.
At first play i loved it, I guess I'll be cliché and rate the album rack by track
1. Put Yourself in My Place - good ballad, lovely track.
2. Some Kind Of Bliss - definately a grower, a really good rock track.
3. Surrender - one of my favorites on the album. HAs a nice r&b vibe to it.
4. If I was your Lover - my 3rd fave on the album. Totally has R&B written all over the track.
5. Limbo - very much a dance track with some EXTREMELY deep lyrics.
6. Did It Again - once again another "rockish" type track. good lyrics also!
7. Through The Years - very slow and cool...'nuff said
8. Too Far - almost drum n bass! Kylie sings/talk REALLY fast at the start of the song.
9. Say Hey - hands down THE best track off of the album. My personal fave. its nice and dancey and she sings very sensual.
10. Time Will Pass you By - dance track, once again with important lyrics
11.Cowboy Style - 1 word..cute
12. Falling - a straight up house track with tons of personality. There isn't much singing but the talking is great! 2nd fave on the album
13. I don't need anyone - hard to pick a genre for this track, good song though!!
14. Dreams - Great song, questionable lyrics, superb production
15. Jump - another r&b type track. very melancholy
16. Drunk - dance track with lyrics about physical attraction
17. Confide In Me - great orchestral piece, the strings are great, and so are the lyrics!
on 29 April 2015