Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
I really wish I hadn't bought it
on 29 January 2013
I loved the books eries so much and I thought in the first and second books, Becky's character was hilarious. However, the film has ruined that completely.
1) It is set in America, for some reason unknown, yet Luke Brandon is English. Why? There seems to be no sense in this decision, since the second book Shopaholic Abroad is about her move from England to New York. They could have got two seperate films out of it rather then merge them into one crazy one.
2) In the book, Becky is not so obsessed by clothes as in the film. She tries so hard to budget and make more money, but Becky in the film just seems to not even try and do anything to help her situation.
3) Derek Smeath is turned from a kindly father-type figure to a horrible debt-collector with no sense of remorse. Why? There was no need for this transformation.
4) Becky's parents look way too young, since she is supposed to be about 26 in the film, and her parents don't look much older.
5) Important characters in the book sre missing from the film. Why? They were good and you cared about them when you read it.
DON'T LET THE FILM SPOIL THE BOOK! IT'S ONLY REDEEMING POINTS ARE IT WAS MOSTLY WELL ACTED.