- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2 edition (24 Nov. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521616379
- ISBN-13: 978-0521616379
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 1.7 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 228,517 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
A Concise History of Bulgaria (Cambridge Concise Histories) Paperback – 24 Nov 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'This excellent book is succinct and very readable.' Mainstream
Tracing the rich story of Bulgaria from pre-history to the political upheavals of the twentieth century. This edition includes the years from 1995 to 2004, a vital period in which Bulgaria elected its former King as prime minister and secured admission to the European Union.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I learned nothing about this part of the world at school (or I was asleep!). I had not thought of Bulgaria as part of the Balkans, but this is where Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Islam meet, where Communism, Western Capitalism and Islam rub shoulders; I guess the record of war to the west, makes this nation a buffer zone.
Understanding other people from other nations must be good. This book is helping me.
Indeed it emphasises politics above all else, and, while this is interesting, it lacks a certain social dimension which would have added a little humaneness to the work.
Overall a pleasant read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A very good read. Clear and to the point, an excellent starting point for anyone who wants a quick over view as I did. Read morePublished 17 months ago by karl bartlett