Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Timecrimes [DVD] forum

Completely Flawed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 May 2010 01:25:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 May 2010 01:29:02 BDT
Justaprofile says:
I am not an expert on time travel and I doubt there will ever be an expert on time travel. Lets face it. If there was ever going to be such a thing as time travel, then someone would have come back in time by now; Don't you think?!
Timecrimes is a good watch but it seems to be fundamentally flawed. If Hector 1 never got in the time machine, then it would surely mean that time would continue as normal, the disparity in time would be gapped, and it would be as nothing ever happened? Am I just confused, or is this guy making his life worse and worse throughout the film?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2010 16:30:38 BDT
BlueYakMan says:
Thats the point, it is causality, he was chased into the time machine by himself which means he must of time travelled for this event to take place to begin with otherwise it would be a paradox. He has no choice thereafter but to follow the events through as they happened leading to Hector 3 telling the scientist what to do before any time travel took place. Complicated, thought provoking and genius.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2010 16:43:41 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Jul 2010 02:10:25 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2010 14:51:09 BDT
Justaprofile says:
Its thought provoking but it's not genius at all.

How did this first happen? If he is the person that got himself into the time machine then where did the Hector come from to get the very first Hector into the time machine? Did he materialise out of thin air? For it to work, he would have had to travel through time without getting in the time machine for the Hector to be there to get the original Hector into the time machine. So there is no real original Hector! There is no present time or an instant.

In the film. It's surely impossible unless the future is already written as well as the past?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2010 15:28:32 BDT
BlueYakMan says:
I try and think of it like the bloke in the film draws on the back of the calendar. Our time lines are straight and don't deviate from an arrow going left to right - birth to death. Hectors timeline curves back round on it's self for a few hours.. at one point in the day there are 3 Hectors.. the original one, the bandaged one and the final one. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy type scenario.

His line was going along like normal until he was chased by himself, then time travels and hour back so his timeline curves back an hour and then start to go forward again... he then fulfilles what has already happened and presumably sees himself disappear in the machine and then he timetravels again to an even earlier point so his timeline curves back again but even further this coincides with the Hector 2 appearing shortly after, who is the time travelling Hector 1, so there are 3 Hectors for a bit.

You know what I've actually made my own head hurt. If I draw it with an arrow it makes sense, If I think about like you did it doesn't make sense... and now I have a headache and nothing makes sense :-)

Suffice to say I though it was good. Hollywood is apparently re-making it with Tom Cruise.. I predict it won't be as good as this version.

Posted on 12 Jul 2010 17:51:49 BDT
Justaprofile says:
lol, my head hurt trying to figure out how it was all possible. I understand how the movie explains it but it is a bit of a cop off explanation that's based on the impossible. Even as far as time travel goes this would be impossible if time travel was possible. He cannot chase himself into the time machine because there would have to two of him that exist or else, how did he get himself into the time machine without already getting into the time machine? He would have to of come from the future; then there is a Hector been materialised from nothing, the Hector in the present time.

As this scenario works in the film, it would have to be the only thing that exists and has happened forever. There would have to be an infinite amount of Hectors. And, it would have happened as an anomaly in time. Because the very first Hector cannot see himself in the past if he has not already got in the time machine? Unless it was someone dressed as Hector the very first time, and just fancied coaxing him into a time machine and ruining his life. lol

It is a good movie but it is completely flawed and to say it is genius is stupidity. The guy that wrote it must have realised or be aware of it at least. He might even be the person who coaxed Hector into the time machine. If the Hollywood version is anything like the attempt of Vanilla Sky then it might be alright. Though, I will certainly watch it is guaranteed I wont buy it. Where as I might buy this one to boast about its absurdity. lol

Posted on 26 Jun 2012 23:25:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jun 2012 23:26:08 BDT
vervester says:
The point is that it all happens at once, in a predetermined universe.... it isn't hector 1 THEN hector 2 THEN hector 3...that's just how the film is presented to us. if you had a bird's eye view on the whole thing, you'd see all three hectors at once, and the events themselves only happening once.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2012 23:36:35 BDT
Justaprofile says:
So the time machine was just a fancy elevator? You make no sense? It is clearly about time travel. The film is called Time Crime's, not Predetermined Universe. I think the clue is in the title of the film. As far as they explain time travel, it is completely flawed.

Posted on 26 Jun 2012 23:52:29 BDT
Justaprofile says:
The only way it could logically be real, is if it was an eternal event that was purely spontaneous rather than having a beginning. It is not realistic to say that any Hector started this. And I believe that is what it what the film suggests.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Timecrimes [DVD] forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  11 May 2010
Latest post:  26 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Timecrimes [DVD]
Timecrimes [DVD] by Karra Elejalde (DVD - 2009)
4.1 out of 5 stars (59)