Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 September 2002
Comprehensive, easy to read and use, this tarot guide book is a truly excellent manual for beginners whose only previous experience of tarots is to have someone read them for them.Simple enough to understand without being trivial or too elementary, this book is -incredibly- one of the very few which deal with reversed tarot cards and their interpretation.It strikes the right balance between a direct, accurate reading of the cards in the various contexts and situations, without being too simple or too cpmplicated.After reading it once, I passed on to practice (on myself and my friends )and the results were amazing.Obviously, some degree of personal predisposition is needed, as in all things....
on 22 November 2002
As someone who's only been reading Tarot cards for a few months, I couldn't cope without this book. I have tried using other manuals and to my mind, this one gives the most detailed and wise guidance about upright and reversed cards. Mary K. Greer doesn't patronise the reader and encourages you to develop your own sense of what your cards mean to you personally.
on 7 October 2003
A truely fantastic book, it gives in depth meanings for both the upright and reversed cards, it helps a beginner and gives further understanding and recognition of the energies each card has. A must for any beginner.
on 21 August 2010
I have been reading tarot for 1 year. I am a relative beginner. I've used russian books for tarot, polish tarot authors, + 2 english books. After I bought this one, I don't use other books any more - only this one. It has the deepest meaning of the cards, plus reversals, which so many writers stupidly ignore. Definitely 5 stars for beginners and not only. The meanings are very deep and wide, not just plain "This card means love, journey or bad situation". It goes beyond this plain explanations. 5 star. Thanks.
on 2 October 2010
I love Mary Greers books! This is no exception. Although this book is named and marketed as Tarot reversals it also has the upright meanings which are excellent. Marys intepretations of the cards are not the usual same old same old and she has given me different views of many of the cards, new key phases that have stuck with me to associate with the cards. As an euthusiastic novice I am buying a lot of Tarot books and have found all of Mary Greers the most valuable by far!
on 24 August 2012
After so many time not reading the reversals I knew I had to start to suty them in order to complete my readings. I bought this book for that purpose and it worked very well. It is easy to use even if you are a begginer. I love this series of books they are all very good.
on 10 December 2015
On time, free from damage. A very good book giving an insight into an often overlooked side of tarot.
(The reversed side!!)
Highly recommended.
on 9 February 2014
Really useful especially for beginners. Easy to understand. Useful sources of literature after each chapter. In-depth analysi of each card.
on 17 December 2010
I got this book to learn more about tarot card reversals and wasn't let down. I would highly recommend this book.
on 22 October 2015
Very useful, especially when you are new to Tarot and reversals tend to flummox you. Very accessible.