- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Creative Publishing International (1 Jan. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1589236084
- ISBN-13: 978-1589236080
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 1.3 x 27.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (44 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 18,370 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting Paperback – 1 Jan 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Among the many topics in this book, Sarah discusses taking your measurements, creating muslins to test the design, transferring the changes to flat patterns, and making adjustments to the pattern. --PatternReview Blog, February 2012
Sarah has designed this as a visual step-by-step guide to fitting so that you can see in great detail exactly what is happening with each adjustment. --PatternReview Blog, February 2012
See the fitting process from start to finish on basic garments, fitted on real people. Then follow fitting solutions on different body types. The lessons you learn will help you fit any body. It is very easy to read, and the directions are extremely clear and concise. --Faye's Sewing Adventure Blog, February 10, 2012
About the Author
Sarah Veblen is a custom fashion designer who focuses on teaching, creating clothing for her clientele, patternmaking and design consultation for young designers, and writing in several venues. Dedicated to promoting the craft of clothing design and construction at all levels, Sarah teaches in her studio as well as other classroom venues and PatternReview.com. She has been a guest lecturer at PACC/ASDP chapter events and national educational conferences.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was also disappointed that a number of subjects I would have expected in a 'complete' guide were entirely missing:
- Tips for making adjustments to already existing garments
- Any kind of fabric-related considerations (bias cut garments, stretch, etc), and how to modify patterns to suit fabrics they were not originally intended for
- Male clothing of any kind (despite several of the acknowledgements being for male sewers)
- Pointers for fitting yourself beyond 'ask a friend' (the book focuses almost exclusively on fitting 'customers')
- Using interfacing/boning/padding to add structure/definition (the only structural item mentioned was shoulder pads - lots of)
- Photos of finished garments showing the effect of particular decisions/recommendations (though there were line-drawings)
- Fitting considerations related to fastenings (zips, buttons, clasps)
- Drawing up patterns from a garment that you know fits well
- The explanation of the relationship between a muslin and a flat pattern could have done with more explaining than 'if you mark it up carefully, it works'
Instead, the book is structured in the form of a basic introductory section, followed by a number of 'case studies' where all of the steps and adjustments for fitting a particular garment to a particular body type are described.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is very very good and tells you all you need to know about pattern cuttingPublished 11 days ago by SHEILA FOSTER
a really good book to get started in adjusting pattern sizes, has good visual and a lot of instructions.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
This book has clear easy to view & follow photographs. I think it will be very useful.Published 4 months ago by lindylou
The book is in absolutely perfect condition and arrived very promptly.
More than pleased.
Have looked through it and it seems to be exactly what I need. Read more