on 16 January 2015
I passed my theory test easily after having studied this for a month or so. When it came to the actual test I found that the hazard perception and multiple choice sections were virtually identical in format and presentation to the ones on the disc. This meant that I felt very confident during the test.
on 20 July 2015
Both my girlfriend and I have just passed our Motorcycle Theory tests using this DVD. I scored 48 out of 50, and 62 out of 75 for the Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception elements. My girlfriend scored even higher (will I ever live it down....). This software, without a doubt, is the reason for the pass, and without it we'd both have been clueless about he Hazard Perception videos.

Over 4 weeks, we spent a few hours a week practicing the mock tests to hone our skills. I also took the precaution of reading he highway code - all 300+ rules! Practicing the Hazard Perception videos is invaluable. You have to get used to how and when to click, as you could easily score zero even the you spotted the hazard and clicked on it. My suggestion is to click for each major hazard 3 or 4 times half a second apart to make sure you score for it.

The analysis graphs and statistics are a nice touch as well. You can easily see if you're improving. Once you've taken a few mock tests, the software will give you an indication of whether you're ready for the test or not. I would suggest making sure you're scores are a good 10% above the required level on average though.

For a relatively small price, this product is going to save you a £25 re-test fee, so it's a no-brainer - go and buy it!
on 3 November 2014
Superb product. All you need to do is read a few of the chapters ('About the test', Guide to the official DVSA Theory Test Categories' primarily), remember the formula for stopping distances, practice the Hazard Perception videos and sit a few mock tests and you should have no problem with the actual test.

I haven't even read the Highway Code and I passed first time with almost full marks.

There's a lot on this DVD that is really just going over ground - possibly to bulk out the contents. If you're not getting 90%+ in your mock tests, then maybe this is useful to really make the knowledge stick. Otherwise I found the basic materials were all I needed and the real test was exactly in the form that the mock tests take here - albeit the Hazard videos aren't actually from Cardiff and its environs.
on 27 May 2015
This DVD rom is excellent. I was apprehensive about taking the theory test as I'm not great with stuff like that, multiple choice, but this DVD takes the worry out of worrying. It's clear, concise and takes you through all the ins and outs of both theory and hazard perception. I'm finding the theory part very positive.. the hazard perception is a touch trickier but I'm getting there. I'll put in for the test asap and with the DVD helping me I suspect I'll pass it without too much pain. Definitely recommended.

Addendum. Just a line to say that I passed first time today 8.7.2015. Without this piece of kit I definitely would have struggled and probably not passed. Many thanks for a great resource.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2016
This CD-Rom was a god send. It honestly is a complete package and helped me to pass my motorbike theory first time.
Many of the theory test questions were exactly the same as the CD-Rom and the only real difference was that the real hazard perception is extremely computerized.
There's also a section that has the highway code, so you don't even need to get a book if you don't want to. I bought one to look at on train journeys, but it isn't necessary.
on 3 March 2015
Very good tool but it would be better for me if it was easier to get to mock tests, I found myself usually having to click around through numerous menus to find it. The hazard perception is easier in the real test than in this DVD as they recently changed to a CGI sort of format in the real test and this has real video so the hazards can be a little harder to see. It still prepares you well for the real test though.
on 18 April 2016
Brilliant, its just like the real thing and I passed easily first time, probably a bit harder than the real thing on the videos and gives you a really good idea of when to click for the hazards. I was too cautious at first but soon learnt to multi click but not in a pattern. The questions are thorough and really do prepare you well. Its does Mock tests and charts all the progress on a graph etc. Worth every penny!
on 24 March 2015
This really is a great way to practice to get through the stages of getting a license; fun and informing.

I thought I would just come back to review; the CD-Rom is an absolute mine of information, there is not one thing on the course that is not covered, excellent product would highly recommend to anybody learning or brushing up on skills of the road.
on 3 May 2015
Very helpful and makes revising more interesting and bearable. It works fine on my windows laptop that has the old operating system (Windows XP possibly?). You can sit tonnes of mock exams and test yourself anyway you want to including road sign test etc. The hazard perception is really good as well. I bought it for under £12 and it was well worth it.
on 5 February 2016
Content of this project is spot on. There are useful explanations in there to help you understand why certain behaviours are necessary and the guidance for new riders in terms of the overall process for getting a full licence is good. The content is simply laid out, and identical to what you will experience at the test centre. Highly recommended!