Offers players and coaches a clinic on fundamentals, pre-snap keys, and techniques used by inside and outside linebackers in specific defenses.
From the Author
Learn from the coach of 3 Butkus Award winners
"Lou's linebackers consistently play as well or better than other linebackers I've seen. You're in for a learning experience." Dick Vermeil, Head Coach St. Louis Rams
"This book is a must for every linebacker, head coach, and defensive coach. It will be the classic reference on linebacking for many years to come." Bill McCartney, Former Head Coach University of Colorado
Lou Tepper tells and shows how to excell at one of the game's most demanding positions. COMPLETE LINEBACKING provides full coverage for coaching and playing the position, including
* the qualities needed to play linebacker;
* fundamental skills for all linebackers, regardless of the team's scheme;
* keys to look for in an offense for clues about the upcoming play before the ball is snapped;
* tips for teaching the linebacker position in team meetings and practices;
* a grading system to evaluate performance.
This book includes four key linebacker ability tests and 33 drills. There are more than 200 diagrams and photographs to illustrate Tepper's detailed explanantions.