Sun Java certification is no picnic, so a thorough study guide is essential. Look no farther than The Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide
for formal, structured preparation. This bulky title offers comprehensive coverage of the objectives you must master to pass both the Programmer's Exam and the more demanding Developer's Exam.
Written by a trio of Sun Java course instructors, this book uses a straightforward bottom-up approach, starting with core syntax of Java and moving into progressively graphical and more sophisticated aspects of development. The familiar textbook style makes the title very suitable for self-paced study even if you're not shooting for certification.
Each chapter includes a test and the answers are not just merely stated but explained. The authors use code snippets that are not overwhelming in length to keep their readers focused on the concept at hand. A large portion of the rear of the book is devoted to a Java 2 API reference and the CD-ROM features a test limit to help you get psyched for the big exam. If you've got the time and dedication to master the material, this fine guide is all you need to get Sun's stamp of approval as a developer. --Stephen W. Plain
Topics covered: Java language fundamentals, objects and classes, event management, components, graphical user interfaces, database integration, thread management and Remote Method Invocation (RMI).
From the Back Cover
Here’s the book you need to prepare for the Java 2 Programmer′s and Developer′s exams.
This Study Guide provides:
Authoritative coverage of all Programmer′s exam objectives, including:
- In–depth coverage of every exam objective for the Programmer′s Exam for J2SE 1.4
- Hundreds of challenging practice questions
- Leading–edge exam preparation software, including a test engine, sample simulation questions, and the entire book on PDF
In–depth coverage of the topics covered in the Developer′s exam, including:
- Language fundamentals
- Operators and assignments
- Converting and casting
- Flow control, exceptions, and assertions
- Objects and classes
- The java.lang and java.util packages
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- Swing components and events
- Layout managers
- Enhancing and extending the database
- Writing the network protocol
- Building the database server
- Connecting the client and server