|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
ANNOUNCING THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOWIE BOOK EVER PUBLISHED!
THE COMPLETE DAVID BOWIE is the first book to cover every facet of Bowie's career in revealing depth and detail. In his research for this benchmark book, Nicholas Pegg has used a host of sources, many of them previously unpublished. Every recording is analysed from a technical and musical point of view, as well as being judiciously placed in the context of Bowie's mercurial career moves and constantly refined creative intentions. The A-Z of songs and the day-by-day dateline of Bowie's career are the most complete yet published.
* THE ALBUMS - detailed production history and analysis of every album from 1967 to the present day.
* THE SONGS - hundreds of individual entries reveal the facts and anecdotes behind not just the famous recordings, but also the most obscure of unreleased rarities - from 'Absolute Beginners' to 'Ziggy Stardust', from 'Abdulmajid' to 'Zion'.
* THE TOURS - set-lists and histories of every live show.
* THE ACTOR - a complete guide to Bowie's career on stage and screen, including many obscure and little-known performances.
* PLUS - the videos, the BBC radio sessions, the paintings, the Internet and much more.
From the 11-year-old's skiffle performance at the 18th Bromley Scouts' Summer Camp in 1958, to the 53-year-old's headliner at Glastonbury 2000, THE COMPLETE DAVID BOWIE dissects every last move in rock's most fascinating career... --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Sorry not the book for me. If you have read behind the songs which in my opinion is better,and more direct for reference. The complete Bowie is long and uninteresting of his life.Published 4 days ago by Judith Mclaughlin
Fantastic reference book. Excellent delivery service. Thank You.Published 5 months ago by Gerald Monaghan
Ideal if you are doing a study on as more a reference bookPublished 9 months ago by dennis eckersley
THE definitive guide to David Bowie's career. Well organised and laid out this is a reference guide like no other, the text is not just factual but compelling and manages to avoid... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Draco
Not much to add to the other reviews here: this is an outstanding book covering every aspect of Bowie's career in fine detail. Read morePublished 17 months ago by czgibson