on 14 March 2013
I originally wanted to be able to identify what I am putting in my wood burner, but found the book fascinating.
It is very informative and educating.
Not everybody wants to know the name of those tall plants lining our streets or standing in the woods, but I do
on 2 March 2014
I can see and appreciate the quality of this book, which has caused several reviewers to award five stars (excellent). In many ways, I would agree with their five-star ratings.

However, I do not recommend this book for anybody who has eyesight problems when reading small print. This is especially true of the text that is intended to help the reader to identify the tree in the field. This part of the text is in extremely small print, which I guess is probably 6-point. The reader will be standing up in the open countryside when attempting to use this part of the text, not sitting comfortably in an armchair. I find that the lack of comfort doubles my eyesight problem. (And my eyes are not all that bad, especially when compared with other people that I know).

In spite of this problem, I have kept the book, and have not sent it back to Amazon. I have kept it because of the quality of the book in all other respects. I would certainly recommend the book to any reader who has good eyesight.
on 16 September 2013
I have come to live where there are many trees, some unusual and some hybrids I did not know before. So. having a book about them makes living with them even more enjoyable.
on 15 September 2013
A very useful book for anyone who has an interest in trees, How often have we stood by a majestic tree and not know what it is well this book will tell you and let you know what all the trees in this country are. I would recommend it too anyone with an interest in the nature of Britain.
on 20 February 2014
Absolutely recommend this book. Was bought as a gift for a loving grandad to be able to show his grandson all the beautiful trees when out on walks. He actually brings the book in the pram with them.
Fantastic book, great price, slightly slow delivery but not overly so.
on 15 January 2014
A gift for my Mother who wanted a simple guide to tree identification and she is thrilled with it. Very good illustrations.
on 5 February 2014
we love them, but nor sure on the names that's why we bought it. It has all the information that we require.
on 16 January 2015
Very disappointed thought I bought a new book but when I got it all the pages stuck together as something had been split on it would not have bought it like that
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2014
A present for my dad who loves it. He says its very informative and just what he wanted. Nice book
on 14 January 2013
Nice book great photos but just lacking a key or something. May consider telling others about it, general content. ,