Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 March 2004
As a student of French History and Politics, I was reccommended this book by one of my lecturers for work on my dissertation, so I bought it as soon as I could on the back of that reccommendation.
The book contains the texts of the American, French, German and Russian constitutions and an in depth look at the uncodified British constitution and various European treaties. The constitutional texts are up-to-date (at time of going to press) and presented well.
HOWEVER, there is very little in this book that cannot be found in any other works that contain a great deal more analysis of the various documents. The first 40 pages are dedicated to an examination of constitutional texts as a whole, with some reference to individual texts. But these references are mostly quite selective, so if you are looking for a dedicated treatise on a particular document, then you should look elsewhere.
That said, it is very useful to have the various constitutions to hand rather than spread out on bits of unmanageable paper. The introduction is good, if a little wordy, but quite insubstantial for most needs.