Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Babylon 5: Season 4 [DVD] forum

Comparing Babylon 5 - Region 2 and Region 1 dvd?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jan 2009 16:35:23 GMT
Paal Carlsen says:
What is the difference?
For example: The total run time of the complete fourth season on region 2 is 924 minutes, and the total run time of the complete fourth season on the region 1 is 966 minutes!

I have done a background check between Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.

Does the NTSC discs include more extras than the PAL discs?
In case, why?

Posted on 7 Mar 2009 08:07:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Mar 2009 08:07:56 GMT
There's always a slight difference in runtime between region 1 and region 2, due to differing frames per second between PAL and NTSC, and is the same for every film or TV show ever committed to DVD or VHS. The special features are the same. By the way, runtime nearly always denotes the run time total of the main feature only.....and rarely includes special features.

Posted on 16 Jan 2010 02:10:46 GMT
Marty Gillis says:
I live in the USA and just purchased at Region 2 Pal B-5 Box set ... There are two differences. 1- The Picture Quality is vastly superior on the Pal discs, this is why I purchased the box set. 2- Due to the frame conversion needed , the Pal discs run 4% faster. Unfortunately this also affects the audio and all the voices are higher pitched than they actually are. I am forcing myself to overlook this as the increase in PQ makes up for it for me, but for some it would be completely unbearable. Compared to the Region 1 discs, Garibaldi sounds like he has just inhaled a large amount of helium.

It is really a shame that Warner Brothers didn't remaster these files using the latest algorithms that can restore the audio to it's original pitch while leaving the frame conversion intact. That can still be accomplished if you watched on your computer and used a program such as WinDVD's "PAL TruSpeed"..

As far as special features and all other items included on the American release (except the detailed booklets included in the original DVD releases), they are ALL here. If you have never watched B-5 in it's original NTSC format, then you will not notice any difference in voice quality. If you know it inside and out as I do, it might just drive you bonkers! HA HA
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  4 Jan 2009
Latest post:  16 Jan 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions