on 28 May 2010
Good little product - but I wouldn't want to use it on a laptop of more than say 14/15" screen. Fans are quiet, the lead for USB power is ok but the edges are a little sharp, but not really a problem. Great for portable use on the move.
on 2 August 2010
Stops your laptop from overheating too much when the weather is hot. In conjuction with a small desk fan for really long use (such as playing mmorpg's) your laptop wont even get warm.
on 15 March 2010
It's cheap and it works. But I don't expect it to work for a very long time, it does what it says. With many cheap things, don't have high expectation, if you buy it cheaply, expect it to work for a bit then failed... that's how I felt when I decided to buy it to help to cool down my always over-heated Fujitsu Siemens laptop. It works for a few weeks fine so far... but if it breaks down, I wouldn't complained about it, just buy another one. If this costs over £10 and breaks down within 8 weeks, then I will definitely make a complain about it. But it's ok so far. You get what you paid for!
on 5 July 2012
Very good for your laptop bag as the device folds up to a very compact size (17cm x 6.5cm). For heavy duty use I would suggest something more substantial, but for a small, light fan for portable use it does the job fine.

The USB power plug is looped through so you can still use your USB port with the device plugged in.

Only complaint is that the cable is very short (29cm) so the cable may not reach around a laptop to a USB port, the cable could be easily extended or replaced of course.
on 11 July 2011
Purchased this for my Sister who watches way too many movies on her laptop. Her laptop would often cut out after a while due to the heat buildup. This cheap but cheerful little item has kept the laptop going for quite some hours. Very rare we hear her shouting in her room because the "Laptop is stupid, don't even work *Head Wobble*" and all the other spoilt teenage girl crap they come out with when life doesn't go their way.

The item is however, quite flimsy, so treat it with care.
on 15 April 2013
Very bad product no good cooling no good functionality, I expected because it was really cheap that's why I buy it bad it was a crap...
on 16 June 2013
It states that this product comes with a light while also showing images of this. i did not receive the product shown, i got one without that light. Im not sure whether mine is a one off slip up, but still.
thats not the only issue unfortunately, as the fans, while stated as 'quiet', are quite noisy and has an awful squeaking noise constantly.
the build however is quite strong and durable, and the way it folds is quite handy as it easily fits into the bag.
on 26 October 2015
I use this for my Mac Mini, since it is adjustable it is neither too big or too small. The blue lights look awesome and just having the Mac an Inch of it's surface already helps cool it down, the fans help too. Only drawback is that the fans could be a bit quieter, especcially annoying since my Mac it'self is silent.

PROS:
Good quality for price
Blue LED lights look great
Fans are reasonable
Low power

CONS:
Quite noisy
on 17 March 2013
Bought this on 2 Feb 2013. One fan died in September 2013. Only lasted about 7 months. It was constantly on because I used it for my router. Guess you get what you pay for...

ORIGINAL REVIEW - Bought this from BV-electronics for £5 to keep my ASUS RT-N66U Router cool. Works like a charm and it's just the right size. Also, the USB power connector is the pass through type so you don't lose the use of that USB port.
on 26 October 2011
When I bought this item it honestly didn't think that it would be anywhere near as good as it is. The quality of the product for the price that you pay for it is fantastic and the size that it folds up to is great, it could almost be carried around in your pocket. I love the blue LED's and the dual fans do a great job of keeping my laptop coo. So all in all it is a really great product and really worth the money.