on 15 August 2014
We moved into a new house a couple of years ago where the previous owner clearly had had a lot of pictures nailed into the wall so we had little holes everywhere! After spending the last couple of years refurbishing the house (and filling up the holes!) we were a bit loathed to start putting nails into the wall when hanging our own pictures. A friend of ours told us about the picture hanging strips and they are brilliant! In every room of our house we have pictures of different shapes and sizes all attached to our wall with the picture hanging strips. We have since purchased a range of sizes, from small, medium to large depending on the size and weight of the picture we are hanging and to date not one of the pictures have fallen down. We have had some hanging over 2 years now and they are still secure.
It is important to note that these strips are not to be used on a wallpapered or vinyl wall - they will come down eventually. The details also say they are not recommended for use with antiques, heirlooms or other valuable irreplaceable items.
It is essential that you place the strips onto the wall in line with the instructions, for example, leave them for an hour before hanging up the picture which will ensure sufficient bonding of the strip to the wall. In addition, make sure you use the right sized strip for the size and weight of your picture. Apparently the small strips hold a weight of up to 1.8kg, the medium sized up to 5.4kg and the largest sized strips can hold a weight of up to 7.2kg. The command strips come in different packs, such as the small, medium or large, but they also come in an assorted pack too.
The command strips are easy to remove too. If you pull downwards gently at the bottom and slowly peel them off they will come off the wall without marking the wall behind. They can only be used once though so if you do peel them off with a view to moving the picture elsewhere you will then need to use a new strip.
on 19 September 2015
First of I was confused with the whole "set" so decided to buy 2 packs and glad I did. basically per pack you receive x4 individual strips but really you only get x2 because you stick 2 to each other.
I've got 3 light weight canvasses needed putting up so I used x2 on each canvasses using total of x8 individual strips
When I read the instructions and videos on command site it mentioned red and black strip... This did not have coloured strips! Both side were green (see pic) I didn't know if they made any difference so I just stuck one side to the canvas and other to the wall..
Also on the instruction it said once you've pressed the canvas on the wall for 30secs (we held it for 1min) on first trial run we Tried to lift the 1st canvas from the bottom to remove the picture from wall BUT! the whole thing came off...
So in the end we just stuck the whole thing straight to the wall and left it there.
although it feels sturdy, time will tell if the canvas will stay on but it's been 1 day and so far they haven't come off the wall...

Also brought the hooks and followed the instructions and that worked perfectly and that had red and black stickers (see pic)
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 January 2015
If you're as indecisive as I am when it comes to positioning and changing your photo frames/canvases, then Command strips are your new best friend. Forget about hammers and nails, worry not about random holes in your walls after you move your photo frames! Gone are those days of Polyfilling the small holes! Nevermind the botch mismatched paint job after the Polyfill too.

Command strips are basically strong Velcro type 'stickers'. It comes in two pieces, one that fastens to the wall, and the other fastens onto whatever you wish to hang up. There are weight guides that you should follow, but I find that 2 Medium sized Command strips are sufficient for most things, even 20x20cm Canvases. You can buy 3 sizes, small, medium and large. I generally stick to Medium, as I don't really hang up anything that needs a large strip to be frank.

What I do is, measure where I want the frame, then keeping the two sides attached together, I pull the sticky tape from the backing of the strip I want attached to the wall. Stick it on the wall, and only then, do I pull the sticky tape from the rear of the strip that attaches onto the frame. This ensures that both are aligned together, then all do it press the frame onto the strips for 30 seconds with moderate pressure and it will hold it up for as long as you'd like! (Mine has anyway)

All the strips come with small tabs, that you can pull on, to remove it from the wall, it leaves the wall easily and with no residue or anything.
I've only had one occasion where I pulled the tab and the strip pulled some bits of the wall off with it. It wasn't due to the strip if I'm being honest, but rather the battered wall that I placed it on.

I swear by Command strips as it makes life so much easier, being a photo lover, I've hung dozen of frames and canvases around the house, with very little work, no hammer, no nails and best of all.. no holes!
on 21 October 2015
Review on the Command Medium Picture Hanging Strips. Contained 8 strips that snap together to make 4 sticking units. Let me describe them as Velcro on steroids. It's not actually Velcro, but hardened plastic loops that lock together when pressed hard together. The two halves are placed together like Velcro, but then pressed together hard, so that they "click". Remove the protective film on one side and place on the picture (in my case) and wait a few seconds until it bonds. Remove the other side protective film and position on the wall and wait 30s to bond. Worked really well. Presently I will give 4* until I update with a long term report. Instructions state that the protective film was red, but in my case was black, which added a little confusion at the beginning. Apparently they can be removed easily, but I guess I will have to wait a while to test that out after just putting it up!! Obviously they can only be used once.
on 13 June 2014
The idea of ease of use, being able to adjust positioning and not making the picture hooks a permanent feature is what appealed. So far they have done all expected but I have obviously not been able top test the removal after a significant period of time. I did have to completely change the position of one picture and can confirm that after some 24 hours the strips came away from the wall without leaving any mark. I had a number of photos I wished to be in a group with uniform gaps and the same height. Putting the first one up nice and square and then putting the strips on the other photos and using a piece of wood as a straight edge made quite a difficult task easy. The facility to slightly adjust the position using the Velcro meant the final result was as near to perfect as could be expected. The downside is they are comparatively expensive and once completely removed they cannot be reused as you might a traditional picture hook.
on 7 December 2014
I ordered these a while back just to try them when the need arose. I put up two pictures - one is still there, one fell off the wall after a couple of months and damaged the frame! I wouldn't use them again...
on 26 April 2016
I bought these command strips to hang a frame in my new rented apartment, as I wasn't allowed to drill holes into the wall. I followed the instructions on the packaging in terms of how many command strips were required for the frame my size. However, as suspected, the frame did fall off after a while. I added in one more strip and since then the frame has been perfectly in place. I should have taken the precaution of adding an extra hook just in case, as the guideline doesn't really take into account the weight of the frame.

Having said that, the performance since the early hiccup has been spot on. I have not seen any slack of anything of the nature and the strips were relatively easy to operate. I have not taken them off the wall as yet, hence cannot comment on how effective that process will be, but will update the review accordingly once that is done.
on 7 June 2016
Have never tried these before, but as I'm renting I don't want to risk knackering the walls. I used these to hang a notice board which I pin necklaces to.

The strips were really easy to use, and there are even YouTube tutorials if you're unsure. The only down side (which isn't the fault of the product) is that I put the board up wonkily (only realised when I put the necklaces back on and they didn't hang straight!) so I couldn't reposition the strips without taking them off and having to use another set. However, I straightened the notice board and even though it doesn't perfectly align with the strips on the wall it is still attached firmly after over a month.
on 22 September 2013
The Alyth Photographic Club recently had an exhibition of Mounted Pictures with great success.
No Pictures fell of the wall and there was no damage to walls or mounts when removed.
Absolutely Brilliant and would highly recommend this product.
PS. we also had a large canvas hanging for the duration of the exhibition.
on 14 August 2015
I got a whole bunch of these to put up frames in my rented room. I recently moved out from there and took all the frames down, without a single mark being left on the walls. I've now ordered another 3 packs to put up the frames in my new house.