on 21 August 2011
I found this book to be a very good read, well written and kept you interested all the way through, but which left you confused at the end of the book that the story was not complete. Thats because it is part of a trilogy: Bodyguard Under the Mistletoe and Secluded with the Cowboy. All three books keep you guessing as to what will happen next and follows three different relationships and blossoming romance's. I would recommend reading all three books and will look forward to reading other books by this author.
on 1 March 2012
I did enjoy this book until the ending. The ending was unfinshed and disappointing. I know this is part of a triology, but the next book seems to be a complete story in itself. Disppointingly, you can't buy either of the next two books separately, but part of a 2 parter, which puts the price up.
on 17 April 2011
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a fast paced action romance as the corporate, prodigal sister returns to the family ranch to help resolve the kidnapping of her sister~in~law. She is attracted to the big, macho FBI agent assigned to their case. The crime aspect of the novel keeps the reader consistently mulling possibilities and the end has an unsuspected twist. An enjoyable book, that I wouldn't read again but I would seek out other titles by that author.
on 30 July 2013
I really enjoyed the story between the main characters despite the tense situation they were in. I liked how their relationship developed. But, the ending was a let down.

Although, being a stickler myself for accurate portrayal of a character, it's a bit hard to believe that the lead of the FBI team would just drop proper protocol at the end, especially when it came to checking up on the actual kidnapped victim, instead of just taking the word of the only person that saw them being released.

How would that look in the FBI written report - 'My team or myself did not witness the release of the prisoner, nor have we personally confirmed she is safe or unhurt. Her husband however, reported that she is safe and has chosen to separate from him after spending time reflecting on their marriage while in captivity. Her whereabouts are unknown.'

Agent Burke didn't seem too bothered with his lead role in the mission at the end of the story. He just wanted to snuggle. He didn't check in with his team. It was annoying. I didn't like the ending. It was just too abrupt and wrong for my liking.
on 18 June 2012
I cannot believe that nowhere in the advertising for this book is it made clear that it isn't a stand alone story. I was very happy reading it until it just stopped. I might like to read the next 2 books in the trilogy but they are a hefty price so I won't because I feel I have been conned.
on 18 May 2011
It was fairly entertainning and desperately wanted to know the outcome of the kidnapping, but the end was a bit confusing for me, and didn't understand what really happened to the kidnapped girl. But overall kept me busy for a day.
on 6 July 2014
I skipped through this book, the story was a bit odd in parts and characters weren't developed. Heroine is meant to be a strong woman, but she's not really a female character. Sorry but not a book I'd run to buy.
on 15 August 2012
I was really disappointed with the ending of this book. Yes its predictable but the story line was ok for a free book until you came to the end which just wasn't an ending. It was like the author had use up her word quoter and hurriedly finished leaving the reader with too many unanswered questions about why the kidnap happened and why the person who was kidnapped was just allowed to walk away with no aftercare or explanation for her behaviour. No where in this book does it say that there are more books to read in this series so I was left feeling very unsatisfied and felt that I had had my time wasted reading this.
on 22 June 2013
A great read, enjoyed every bit, very suspenseful, the only downside is the ending which I thought ended abruptly and not very satisfactorily especially as there was a death that the FBI didn't seem interested in pursuing.
on 16 July 2011
I read this on my kindle in about a day. It is a fairly average thriller that I would probably not recommend unless someone is hard pushed to find another book to read.

The only reason I finished the book was to find out what happened to the girl abducted, but I did not find the writing particularly gripping after the first few chapters and now that I have finished it, I find it hard to remember the smaller details.

I found the relationships and story set up fairly unbelievable and did not find myself sympathising or relating to any characters.

The positives however are that it is an easy, undemanding read and does get your attention at the start.

All in all I would only suggest reading this if there is nothing else to read. Put it this way if I had finished all my holiday reads & stumbled across this in a hotel 'library' I would probably be entertained and happy that I had something to read but would have forgotten the story by the time I was home.