- Audio CD (25 Nov 2003)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Import
- Label: 11th Records
- ASIN: B0000YHOPK
- Other Editions: MP3 Download
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 898,904 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
1) I Want You know: It begins with suspense like sound (Like is saying; "Are you ready for my take on one of the greatest band of all time?"). It then picks up. I have always been a fan of the song. CT's take is more upbeat. I like what he did with it. What's next???
2) Sister of Night: CT's take is definitely a great one. I'm not going to compare it to any other bands cover of the song, because there is no comparison. The programming is great, the vocals are fantastic. One of my favorites.
3) It Doesn't Matter: "Oh it does." A fantastic cover. The music sounds like is a fairytale theme song. The programming on this cover is good. Brian's voice sounds fantastic.
4) Sweetest Perfection: I like this cover!! I was never a fan of the original song, but this cover is fantastic. Very catchy it gets you moving with the beat. Also one of my favorites.
5) Here Is the House: I was looking forward to this song. My gosh it is great!!!! Very upbeat, Beautiful programming, Brian's voice sounds great!!! My favorite one. If you never liked the song, you will know.
6) I Am You: I had to listen to "Exciter" again. I have to be honest, I didn't remember the song (then again Exciter wasn't so exciting). CT's take of the song made the song enjoyable to listen, at least for me.
7) World Full of Nothing: I had to listen to CT's cover a few times. Not because it wasn't good, but because it was never a fan of the song and never really paid attention to it. CT's take has a great beat but mellow at the same time. I really enjoy the song.
8) Surrender: Here is another song that I'm not a fan of the original. The programming is great. Brian's voice sounds great, CT's take made me give the song another chance.
9) But Not Tonight: Another song that I was looking forward to listen to. Right from the start it grabs you. The piano made the difference for me. The Programming is great. Is a bit slow from the original but it still gets you moving. I like it so much I played it again and again before I went to the next song.
10) One Caress: CT's take sounds very deep and dark, but enjoyable. I have to admit, Brian's voice sounds very much like martin's on this song.
11) Leave In Silence: WOW!!!!!!!! If you didn't like the original, you will like CT's take. Very catchy and the programming is good.
12) Ponytail Girl: Most of us know the history of the song. The mysterious unreleased single from the "Exciter" cd. This is how most of us came across Color Theory's music; at least this is the case for me. I've been hooked to CT's music ever since.
I have to admit, I was expecting a good cd and it was great. CT's take of the songs made me a fan of some of the songs I didn't like. It made me realize the talent that Brian has. How he transform the songs to a whole different dimension. Most artists when they do covers, they stick to the same sound and speed of the original. I feel that when you cover another artist's song, it should be a bit different (besides the voice). The programming is great; some songs are mellow, while others are a bit more upbeat. Brian's voice sounds great. I have to admit one thing; there were times that it sounded like Martin Gore was doing the backing vocals. (Sorry Brian). The tribute is close enough to be DM, but different enough to know that is Color Theory. This is a must get for all Depeche Mode and Color Theory fans.