"...a must–have for the successful imageer..." ( Advanced Photoshop,
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
" Color Confidence is one book that no photographer, especially me, can afford to be without!"
Art Morris, Photographer (www.birdsasart.com)
Establishing a successful color management workflow that produces predictable results is an important –– yet tricky –– undertaking. Most photographers are all too familiar with the frustration of a print not matching the image on the monitor. In Color Confidence: The Digital Photographer′s Guide to Color Management, digital imaging expert Tim Grey offers immediate access to the crucial information you need to get the color you want, every time.
Color Confidence is a results–oriented guide to managing color effectively across all devices. In his approachable style, Tim Grey demystifies the complicated topics and leads you step–by–step through each component of a color–managed workflow. Designed for busy photographers, this full–color guide cuts through the theory, focusing on the practical information you need to make the best color decisions from capture to output.
Inside, you′ll discover the ins and outs of color management, including how to:
- Choose, calibrate, and profile your monitor and scanner
- Configure Photoshop color settings
- Manage digital camera color with presets and custom profiles
- Evaluate images and make accurate color adjustments
- Color–adjust black–and–white images
- Build custom printer profiles or utilize generic ones
- Prepare and adjust images for print with soft proofing and the gamut warning
- Evaluate prints against standard targets
- Figure out what to do when prints don t match
- Produce color–accurate images for the web, e–mail, and digital slideshows
- Get familiar with process–specific workflows: (scan to print, digital capture to print, CMYK output, Web, e–mail, and digital projection)
- And more!