Colloquial Scottish Gaelic provides a step-by-step course in Scottish Gaelic as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Scottish Gaelic in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- an overview of the sounds and alphabet of Scottish Gaelic
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary, bilingual glossaries and English translations of dialogues.
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Scottish Gaelic will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and for students taking courses in Scottish Gaelic.
Accompanying audio material is available to purchase separately on two CDs or in MP3 format, or comes included in the great value Colloquial Scottish Gaelic pack. Recorded by native speakers, the audio complements the book and will help enhance learners’ listening and speaking skills.
The complete course comprises the book and audio materials. These are available to purchase separately in paperback, ebook, CD and MP3 format. The paperback and CDs can also be purchased together in the great-value Colloquials pack.
Paperback: 978-0-415-69123-9 (please note this does not include the audio)
CDs : 978-0-415-69124-6
Ebook: 978-0-203-07549-4 (please note this does not include the audio, available from www.tandfebooks.com)
MP3s: 978-0-415-65894-2 (available from www.tandfebooks.com)
Pack : 978-0-415-69125-3 (paperback and CDs)