Large format reference atlas in the exciting Collins World Atlas range. Highly detailed maps giving balanced worldwide coverage, beautifully illustrated thematic pages and thousands of facts and statistics, including world and continental ranking tables.
TOP OF THE RANGE ATLAS
The flagship title in the Collins World atlas range, gives a full picture of the Earth through the use of maps, satellite images, space and aerial photography, and graphics. These features are further enhanced by fact boxes and internet links on each topic.
This Collins world atlas presents a complete view of the world, bringing it to life through innovative maps, stunning images and detailed content. It offers an exciting perspective on how the planet is made up, how it looks and how it works. This atlas takes you further than traditional world atlases giving a more complete understanding of the world.
• World’s newest country South Sudan
• Dissolution of Netherlands Antilles
• Samoa and Tokelau jump dateline
• Greenland ice cap
• Disputed areas of the world reviewed
• Wide range of topical issues covered including natural disasters, population, climate and the environment
• Key country statistics allow comparisons of their state of development and an understanding of today’s world
• Thousands of facts and statistics including world and continental ranking tables
• Dictionary of geographical facts with all key concepts and terms explained