From the Back Cover
'Collins-Sansoni Italian Dictionary'
Now in its third edition, 'Collins-Sansoni Italian Dictionary' provides full and exhaustive treatment of the basic vocabulary of both languages, with numerous examples illustrating contemporary usage, including idioms, set phrases and syntactic constructions.
• Over 240,000 references and 570,000 translations
• In-depth language coverage with full clear entries
• Thousands of examples to illustrate constructions and usage
• Clear signposting of meanings and style level to guide the user to the most appropriate translation
• Emphasis firmly placed on current Italian and English, both written and spoken.
• The most helpful single-volume dictionary for Italian studies and translation needs.