Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 September 2013
My son and daughter like this atlas so much so that they fight over who gets to look at it with me...and neither is of primary school age yet.

We have had the atlas for only three weeks now, and already the children can identify all the countries of Europe, South America, North America, and Asia.

We are still working on Africa.

The funny thing is I haven't forced the learning on them...the atlas is so colourful that it lends itself to being picked up and leafed through by little hands.

Try buying one and putting it on the coffeetable, the children will be drawn to it without your having to coax them.
on 17 December 2013
this is not too large or overwhelming, but a great first atlas for a child who is able to read alone. My daughter is 7 and loves this atlas.
on 9 April 2013
Absolutely delighted with the simplicity and clarity.
Bought for my 8 year old grand daughter.
She has found a new passion!
on 14 March 2014
Nicely presented and bound. Lots of interesting facts: capital cities, flags etc presented in easy to digest bits, I like countries shown in different colours, and here they are very clear and easy to understand. Just a pity that the British counties and US states are not similarly in different colours.
I know nothing of the children's geography syllabus, but this seems an excellent atlas for a young child, wonderfully clear and easy to understand - certainly the best i have seen.
on 21 February 2013
my daughter loves it, nice & bright pictures & it also contains a little bit about the solar system & has flags of the countries of the world aswell, great quality.
on 17 June 2013
cheap and cheerful primary atlas for children of primary age in simple language, easily understood and an economical size for storage and transportation.
on 23 March 2015
Excellent, just hat I wanted, easy to read good clear maps not covered with so much information that it get jumbled. Gives the basic Geography of each continent, its political divide and some geographic information (Hill/mountain ranges, Principal Rivers and road.)
on 16 March 2014
Very clear maps, and well worth buying. Gave it to my grandchildren, and the seven-year-old loved it. I buy dozens of atlases so I am an expert!
on 12 February 2014
I bought this for my grandchildren for when they visit, to give them a start of knowing where different countries are, and to learn about them. The Atlas is bright and colourful,has lots of information, very pleased with this book.
on 7 March 2016
Wanted a basic clear atlas to assist when watching TV quiz shows. Only given 4 stars as not quite enough information BUT I didn't see the atlas before purchasing so it was a risk I took