A curriculum-supportive Primary World Atlas for children aged 7-11 years (Key Stage 2). Designed for use in the classroom or at home, this revised edition includes informative politically coloured reference mapping of all major world regions.
• This primary world atlas provides an introduction to mapping of the UK, Europe and all major regions of the world. It includes information on map reading skills, the meaning of scale and measuring distances.
• The reference maps are informative, politically coloured, and easy to read with national capitals and major cities easily identifiable. The maps are supported with national flags and basic national statistics.
• Continental maps are linked to the regional mapping and are supported by a selection of satellite, aerial and terrestrial photographs. Continental relief maps show layer colouring and major physical features are highlighted.
• The index uses a simple grid reference system and a selection of web addresses is included to help with further study.
• The Collins Primary World Atlas is also available on CD for use on interactive whiteboards, and a full range of interactive flip charts to support this atlas are available as downloadable files. These charts are easy to use and allow teachers and learners to further develop atlas skills. Downloads are available from www.collinseducation.com/atlases
• Try the free interactive online Primary World Atlas quiz.