- Love DIY? Check out the great selection of top-brand tools and equipment in our DIY & Tools Store--including Bosch, DeWalt, Black & Decker and more.
Every spring seems to herald a new round of essential maintenance and, if that were not enough, you have to find the time to make improvements you've been promising yourself all winter and make sure that everything is shipshape before the inclement weather returns. Time is short, but even when you have only a couple of hours to spare you can still tackle some of the simpler tasks life fixing a rotten fence or making a garden incinerator. When you can see that there's a clear weekend on the horizon, plan to take on some of the more time-consuming jobs such as building a flight of steps, constructing a rockery and making a small pond.
• Maintaining garden steps
• A nesting box for garden birds
• Window boxes and planters
• Building a dry-stone wall
• Making a small pond
The essential guide to achievable outdoor DIY projects, form simple jobs in the garden to more complex and time-consuming tasks.
'COLLINS OUTDOOR DIY PROJECTS IN A WEEKEND' CONTAINS:
• over 450 full-colour photographs and step-by-step illustrations
• attainable targets with simple instructions
• lists of essential tools required for every project
• sugggestions on the time you should allow for completion of each task, from a couple of hours to an entire weekend
• sensible cut-off points for when a job seems to be taking longer than expected
By the authors of the best-selling:
COLLINS COMPLETE DIY MANUAL
COLLINS DIY PROJECTS IN A WEEKEND
• Collins DIY Projects in a Weekend
• Collins Complete DIY Manual
• Collins Complete Woodworker's Manual
• Collins Good Wood Handbook
• Collins Care and Repair of Furniture
• Collins Care and Repair of Period Houses
Albert Jackson and David Day are the country’s leading DIY authors with sales of over 1million copies of their books. Their Collins Complete DIY Manual is widely acknowledged as the best book on the subject.