Collins market-leading French to English Concise Dictionary is the perfect one-way Kindle dictionary for all advanced learners of French. It lets you look up the English translation of French words. To find out the French translation of English words you need to buy the Collins English to French Concise Dictionary.
Compatibility & Functionality
• Basic Text Search works on all Kindle devices
• Index lookup works on all Kindles except Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD
• Setting as Default Dictionary works on all Kindles except Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle for Android
• Search across the full French to English to dictionary by headword.
• Show English translations in a pop-up window when reading French books.
This new edition has been fully revised and updated. Thousands of new words and updated supplements on communication, education systems and famous people of the French- and English-speaking worlds make this the perfect dictionary for use at college, home or work.
The Collins Robert Concise French to English Dictionary is designed for students and professionals using French in the course of their work. Drawing on Collins' unique multi-million word databases of French and English to ensure that the user has the most complete and accurate picture of real language available today.
• Updated with thousands of new words and phrases from a wide range of fields, including technology, media and the environment.
• Contains in-depth treatment of complex words.
• Practical tips on spoken and written French, including new features on spelling pitfalls, make this the ideal dictionary for intermediate and advanced learners.
• Revised supplement giving encyclopaedia-style information on famous historical people from the French-speaking world, now with timeline, giving you the background information you need to understand French culture.
• Revised real-world communication supplement, now with additional material on internet banking, social networking and mobile phones.
• New supplement detailing primary, secondary and higher education systems in French- and English-speaking countries.