A photographic field guide to 1,500 species of insects found in Britain
A photographic field guide to all the common and some unusual species of insects across Britain that the keen amateur naturalist is likely to spot. Approximately 1,500 species are illustrated with clear photographs chosen for their help in identification.
• Details of distribution for each insect, and whether it is common or rare
• Includes photographs of larvae
• Each section is coded with a symbol for easy reference
• Information on easily confused species
• All the information on the species together in the same place
Insect groups dealt with include butterflies and moths, mayflies, dragonflies, damselflies, grasshoppers, crickets, earwigs, lacewings, bugs, bees, wasps, ants and beetles, all with keys to ensure accurate identification.