From the Back Cover
Developing an effective and successful presence on the Web is a requirement for all organizations. As the Web has matured, the development and management of sites has become increasingly complex. Today, Web site development requires the close collaboration of diverse professionals such as programmers, interactive designers and engineers, animators, videographers, writers, marketers, and businesspeople--all working within a highly coordinated and structured development process.
Written by a leader in Web development methodologies and processes, Collaborative Web Development brings structure and sanity to what is often an overwhelming and chaotic process. Drawing on the front-line experiences of practicing professionals and numerous real-world case studies, the author will help you get a handle on the issues and challenges you face, with proven strategies for effective coordination among team members and clients, a smooth development process, and a successful end result.
You will find in-depth discussions on crucial topics such as:
- Working with clients to determine the goals and scope of a project
- Pulling together an effective team
- Developing a Web Site Development Cycle that is appropriate for your project
- Planning the project, establishing procedures, and setting a timeline
- Communicating effectively with team members and clients
- Managing the client relationship
- Balancing scope and technical sophistication with cost and time constraints
- Managing large-scale Web sites
- Meeting quality assurance standards for Web projects
So that you can benefit from the experiences of those who have been through the process, this book includes concise interviews with accomplished Web site managers and developers who reveal valuable insights and practical suggestions for successful Web site development.
About the Author
Jessica Burdman is Director of Production at Red Sky Interactive. Ms. Burdman has also worked with Microsoft on their Solutions Framework for ensuring the quality of Web projects that feature Microsoft technology. In addition, she serves as a spokesperson for USWeb's Web Certification Program for Project Management.