on 10 August 2011
at around the same price as a cheap gazebo, this awning is simply to erect (2 hoops and 6 guy rope in all, plus the easy to use zip) attaches to the front of your coastline tent with the zipper and effectively doubled the space of our coastliner 4, and (dependent on the campsite) no extra gazebo charges! we had torrential rain in the lakes and gales in Invernesse on its first trip, and it was fine, would highly recommend this if you have a coastliner, and if it's still £23, you can't really go wrong!
This is very easy to put together and packs into a small case. I used to bring along a fishing umbrella, but this is much better and takes up half the room! The only niggle (as someone else mentioned) is that the zip does come unfastened (I came back to the site one day and it had collapsed!). No problem. I used the guy from the front of the tent -- no longer required -- tied the zip ends together and pegged it to the ground.

Another adjustment I've found VERY useful (though you need to be careful) is to fit a loop over the top of the centre pole to hang a small washing hanger from when it rains. I did it by first inserting the centre pole and taping some tent repair tape either side of the pole on both inside and outside (4 strips in total), then clipping a pair of plastic tent rings -- similar to the sort on the coastline corner and side straps -- at either side. I then pierced a hole through the middle and looped a piece of rope just thick enough to fill the ring through, tied it at the bottom (so the loop is about an inch long). Finally, I applied tent repair glue all around the rings and (once dry) covered the rope on the top with more repair tape. It's a relativley small and inexpensive adjustment, but is highly useful for small items (like the tea towel and tee shirts etc.) Do so at your own risk!

Other than that, this is a very good addition. It's great for storing shoes under after you've been out walking. I've also used it too cook under -- despite it saying you shouldn't -- when raining. With a the stove on the floor, I couldn't feel any heat near the porch, so it should be okay. I guess it the worst comes to the worst and it starts leaking, I can always reproof it or buy a new one. Worth the risk I think!
on 18 March 2012
I love this addition to my tent, It makes that little bit more shade and rainproof area, we also got a huge windbreaker and we wrap that around the outside of the awning and we have a more pivate area to cook and read etc, it makes it less windy . It blows a bit in the wind but it seems ok,But I think I would take it down if it got really windy.
on 22 September 2011
Used in slight wind. The central section has a tendancy to lift. It could do with 2 guy ropes to each side of the middle. The zip seems to undo itself after a while. Used in calmish conditions the product is good but you would not want to take it to Wales or the Lake District. Works well with Coleman wind breaks.
VINE VOICEon 23 July 2012
This is a simple awning that is easy to put up, but the zip that attaches it to the tent comes undone in a wind. We discovered a couple of spare guy ropes on the front and wondered what they were for, when we returned to the tent one evening to find the awning on the floor (It has more or less folded itself up neatly) we realised that one of them was for fastening to the zip and on pegging down would hold it all in place.

But it keeps the hot sun or a bit of rain off the door and is nice to sit under in the evenings
on 17 July 2011
I would just like to say how amazed both myself and my husband were on the prompt despatch of the parcel that we ordered two days prior to the arrival of the parcel.My husband was going on a cub camp and having looked at the weather forecast realised that the extra awning to the existing tent would be an advantage. He was delighted with the product and definately would recommend it to other customers.
on 23 July 2010
I wasn't that keen to get this porch but it's great - and provides a lovely shady area to eat under, shelter under or store things under. It stood up fine to pretty windy conditions in a fairly exposed campsite on the coast, and the only little hitch was that the zip which attaches it to the tent came undone slightly so that it flapped in the wind... soon fixed with a cable tie.
on 12 September 2010
Really good canopy that stood up to rain and wind, 4 guylines to peg it down with too.
And for [...] it's a bargain.
on 17 September 2011
we bought this as we found camping in this country the weather is very unreliable. having this extension enables us to sit outside and cook even when its raining. easy to put together. only snag is trying to get back into the bag when putting away, this is very very tight.
on 14 February 2014
I got this as an addition to our tent. As the tent only has one main door, I thought it would stop rain coming into the living area when entering/exiting the tent. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and to be fair it worked well in good weather and light drizzle. However it would collapse in the slightest of winds and the area covered/ sheltered by it was tiny. I still used it though and just really well secured it, but then it collapsed and the poles snapped!
I wouldn't buy this again. I have seen that coleman have started selling an extension for the tent that looks like the tent and has sides. It looks a bit better and hopefully wouldn't have the same problems I experienced. It was a little pricey though.