This fifth edition of the best-selling international cognitive psychology textbook has been substantially updated and restructured to reflect new developments in cognitive psychology, and made more student-friendly.
Established approaches covered in depth include:
- Experimental cognitive psychology
- Cognitive science with its focus on modelling
- Cognitive neuropsychology with its focus on cognition following brain damage.
Extensive new material in this edition includes:
- Cognitive neuroscience approaches such as brain scanning and imaging studies which illustrate the principles of brain function
- New material on consciousness.
Throughout, the new material is fully integrated with more traditional approaches to create a comprehensive, coherent and totally current overview of perception, attention, memory, concepts, language, problem solving, judgement and reasoning.
A two-colour design, plus a rich array of supplementary multimedia materials, make this edition more accessible and entertaining for students.
The multimedia materials include:
- A PowerPoint lecture course and MCQ Test Bank free to qualifying adopters
- A unique web-based Student Learning Program. This is an interactive revision program incorporating a rich array of multimedia resources including interactive exercises and demonstrations, and active reference links to journal articles. This is offered on a subscription basis to departments adopting the text. A free demonstration of a sample chapter is available to potential subscribers at http://www.psypress.com/ek5/ .