This album is sensational! I first heard of Colbie on her MySpace page which I reached by fluke in July. The second I had finished listening to The Little Things I imported the album from America...it came a few days later and it hasn't left my CD player in 12 weeks...here is my track by track review of this stunning collection from a lady with a smooth yet infectious voice.
1. Oxygen: A brilliant opening track, this has uplifting lyrics, a catchy melody and is a joy to listen to. 9/10
2. The Little Things: The track that introduced me to Colbie! This has a gorgoeus intro, the lyrics are very true to life and the song is a delight. 10/10
3. One Fine Wire: Another brilliant track though not as good as the first two. 8/10
4. Bubbly: The first single. This is a charming Jack Johnson like cool, mellow acoustic ballad with cute lyrics and an infectious melody. 10/10
5. Feelings Show: Another excellent song though not as instant as the first four tracks. 8/10
6. Midnight Bottle: This is a real grower. I wasn't overly keen at first but now I like it a lot. 7.5/10
7. Realize: For me this is the album's standout track. The lyrics are perfection, the melody is brilliant and the backing vocals from Colbie's friend and co-writer Jason Reeves fit perfectly. This will become one of my all time favourite songs! 10/10
8. Battle: A bit different to the other tracks, this has richer production and a mesmerising piano introduction. It is more dramatic but rightfuly so and one of the album's most fascinating tracks! 10/10
9. Tailor Made: After Battle this sounds very Country-tinged. Like the sort of thing Carrie Underwood might do...another highlight. 9/10
10. Magic: Another big grower, its a very simple song melody wise but again the lyrics stand out. 8/10
11. Tied Down: The only song I'm not wildly keen on. It has an odd Reggae sound to it which gives the album some diversity but is not one of Colbie's finest moments. 5/10
12. Capri: Another more simple track to round off the album, again its not as brilliant as the first ten tracks but well worth a listen. 7/10
13. Dreams Collide (UK Bonus Track): This isn't on my version but I have downloaded it off iTunes and its a nice song. Runs well into the album after Capri. 7/10
The first 10 tracks on this album are sensational. If I was Colbie I would have left it at 10 or put the US bonus track Older or the UK b-side Circles onto the album which are far superior tracks and well worthy of at least 8/10 each. As it stands, I am so overwhelmed by the consistent quality of this album that I can't stop listening to it, it never gets boring. I really can't recommend an album more highly in 2007 than this so an overall mark has to be given of 10/10!!!