on 11 November 2013
I have read a lot about different high-quality filters and after owning a fantastic & fairly pricey Hoya HD CIR-PL filter I decided to invest a bit more if needed to get the best.
The main features of this filter are brass frame, very high quality, nano-coated and completely sealed (kaeseman) polarising film and its very narrow profile. Brass frame in theory makes it much easier to mount and unmount the filter from the lens, since most of the lens filter threads are made of aluminium. It works really well indeed with my wide angle Canon L lens, but it did get stuck on my Sigma lens, so I would suggest anyone to mount the filters very gently none-the-less. The polarising film it-self is wonderful - it is just as bright as my Hoya HD filter, polarises light just as good (tested on how well it can blacken the LCD screen), but with a light pleasant warmness in the colour, the coating prevents it from dispersing direct sunlight even at most flare-prone angles and makes it very easy to clean and the fact that it is fully sealed means it will last for years without danger of mould. Finally, the narrow profile does make it harder to get a good grasp of the filter, but also means that any corner vignetting is as minimal as possible, which makes this filter work well even on wide-angle lenses.
Overall - highly recommended if you want to get arguably the highest quality filter around!
on 18 September 2012
Having mulled over whether to spend the extra on this filter, I'm glad I spent the extra. The filter arrived within 3 working days without issue. Having now had the filter for 3 weeks and used it on holiday I can say the results have been excellent.Beautifully vivid blues in direct sunlight and the filter, as previously mentioned ,was near impossible to smear despite my clumsy fingers!
I was concerned about the lens cap issues that have been quoted. I can say I had no issues attaching the filter to my Canon 10-22 and 17-40 lenses and that my lens caps attached quite securely.
Overall, you can't beat the B&W quality and the reassurance that goes with it.Recommend you treat yourself. 5 stars.
on 30 September 2015
To begin with let me say that this review is not about the optical quality which I am sure is excellent.
The filter I received is almost impossible turn when screwed in. The parts that are supposed to slide so you can find the right effect of the polarizer grid gets stuck all the time and it slides very uneven. It is absolutely terrible work with. To top it off the force I have had to use to turn the polarizer filter now made it completely stuck to my UV filter (also a B+W) which I screwed it on to. I have now had to try and heat the two with a hairdryer and put it in the freezer to try and make them unscrew, but with no luck so far :( I now worry they are stuck forever :(

This is not quality I expected for the price.
on 1 September 2014
Thin enough to stack (with another ultraslim filter) on an UWA lens without vignetting. I use it on the canon 16-40 f4L IS, stacked with the BW slim protector filter and no vignetting at all. Neutral colour rendition

DIT_ after using it a few times I have gone back to the thicker (still doesn't vignette) version from B+W as this one always sticks and takes me absolutely ages to get off. It ends up being easier and actually faster to take the UV filter off , put this one on and reverse that process when done than to stack this and try to remove it -even though I never screw it tightly
The polarizer is excellent, removes reflections much better than any other I have seen, adds a rich dark tone to photos and brings up the highlights like clouds, blue skies in an astounding manner and clarity. It has made a huge difference to my pictures in terms of making the sky blue and showing up the clouds etc. Also reduces the f stop by ~1 which is excellent. Build and quality are superb. Although expensive you get whay you pay for as it is impossible to get this image quality with other cheaper filters (even if you photoshop them)
on 6 November 2015
The quality is exactly as described by other reviewers. The difference between Polarizer/no Polarizer is like day and night. Some people have described the occasional problem of unscrewing the Polarizer from the lens. I have not yet encountered that problem but I am carrying a rubber glove in my camera bag now just in case the Polarizer does become stuck.
on 9 October 2014
Purchased this some time ago very expensive but well worth it..On my Nikon D800 I get great results...
on 22 July 2013
As I have several canon L lenses I wanted a decent quality polariser. In my mind Hoya are still a good filter manufacturer, just the CPL filters didn't seem up to par according to reviews. I only invested in the 77mm B+W CPL, I use step up filters for my 67mm lenses so I have only need for 1 large CPL to keep costs low. I am very happy with the filter and use it regularily. Four stars given as I feel that the price seems steep, but then again some say this is one of the best and you get what you pay for. Perhaps over time if this holds true I would upgrade to a 5 star.
on 21 September 2014
Top results with this filter so much so I bought a 67mm for my other lens
on 28 April 2015
Pricey but you get a very well made piece of kit does an excellent job.

See one answered question